Easy, Robust AD Integration for your application – For FREE!
In most enterprises, Microsoft Active Directory serves as the enterprise directory providing support for user authentication and application access policies around on-premises applications.
For your customers however, AD integration presents a challenge as cloud applications run outside of their network domain.
One approach to integrate with a customer’s AD environment is to just “expose some APIs”. But this requires the customer to expose AD to the Internet through the firewall, something most companies are unwilling to do. Alternatives such as implementing a VPN tunnel or replicating the domain controller in the cloud are costly and difficult to maintain for both you and the customer.
Okta Cloud Connect allows you to address these issues head-on and turn a deficit within the enterprise into a strength by leveraging one of the industry’s most widely deployed and tested Active Directory integrations for cloud applications. The service not only allows IT to integrate your application with AD, but also provides users with seamless, secure access to your application —no additional passwords required. The result is fast, widespread adoption of your cloud application across their organizations.
Okta Cloud Connect is a purpose-built, robust and secure solution that seamlessly integrates your cloud application with Active Directory – allowing single sign-on and account provisioning for your application based on Active Directory users and security groups.
“We are very excited about our collaboration with Okta to provide our joint customers with a turnkey, on-demand solution that both accelerates the secure deployment of Box and scales with their broader cloud application management needs.” Aaron Levie
Co-founder and CEO, Box
By becoming an Okta Directory Integration Partner, you can:
- Increase user adoption and overall usability across your installed base by simplifying user access and change management.
- Integrate into on premise, corporate Directories such as Microsoft Active Directory.
- Take advantage of best-of-breed authentication and provisioning capabilities without distracting your developers from your core product functionality.
- Reduce friction in sales cycles by partnering with IT around service deployments, user management, and security as well as integration with behind-the-firewall environments.
Get Started with Okta
We have all the tools to help you get your application integrated with Active Directory:
- Federated Single Sign-On and Delegated Authentication – Okta offers toolkits to quickly SAML-enable your application on various platforms.
- Robust Integration – Okta Active Directory Agent and Okta IWA agent provide a robust and highly-available integration.
- User and Access Management – Okta can easily integrate with your existing user management API for account and access provisioning. In addition, Okta also provides API for applications to fetch AD user and group information directly from Okta.
Download our whitepaper, "Building a Well Managed Cloud Application," a developer guide that provides real world, actionable steps ISVs can take to address customer identity management requirements in their applications.