- Customer Success – Okta's #1 Core Value
- Our Philosophy: An Unwavering Focus on Customer Success
- Reliability: A Service Built to Withstand Everything
- Transparency: We Share How We Are Doing – Good or Bad
- Agility: Rapid Innovation
- Responsiveness: Services and Support model
- Competency: Security and Identity Management is our business
- A Methodology Perfected to Turn Every Customer into a Customer For Life
- Personalized Service
Our Philosophy: An Unwavering Focus on Customer Success
Our philosophy starts with listening to our customers and always considering ways to add value to our customers. We strive to be a trusted partner and truly an extension of our customers' organization. Our customers consider Okta a strategic partner because we make our customers' problems our problem, and we solve them. We are always on and always available to ensure that our identity and access management service is secure, reliable, scalable, and productive for all constituents: users, administrators, our customers' customers and partners, and business owners. We collaborate with our customers to turn ideas into features to better serve their business. By adding these new features, we are turning our service into a more valuable tool for our customers to achieve user productivity, enterprise security and business compliance. Our service can directly impact our customers' top line as well as their bottom line.
Reliability: An Identity Management Service Built to Withstand Everything
The Okta service is 100% reliable -- our customers can count on that – and our service is always on – 365/24/7. Even during extensive datacenter outages impacting brand name service companies, the Okta service has still performed. You may ask how -- the answer is simple: our service is built from ground up to never go down – not even for maintenance. We built our service by taking advantage of multi-zone, redundant and scalable infrastructure across all technology layers, and as a result our customers benefit from having an identity and access management service that is always on, like a dial-tone service.
Transparency: We Share How We Are Doing – Good or Bad
In order to remain a trusted partner, we are always transparent with our customers. Although we strive for perfection – in IT there are always issues to address. One of the best ways to remain really good at what we do is to share how we are doing with our customers with full transparency – good or bad - and get their feedback for improvement. We want our customers to know how we are doing, to truly listen to their feedback, so we can use it to always do better.
Agility: Rapid Innovation
Today's business reality is that our customers' requirements can change quickly. It is essential that our customers work with an identity and access management solution partner, like Okta, who thrives in being agile and who supports our customers with rapid innovation. We are constantly adding features and functionalities to our service. We do a weekly service release – that's fifty releases in a year. Our customers are excited about our ability to innovate, and they note how refreshing our agility is compared to many other enterprise software or SaaS vendors. We convert ideas into actual service features within weeks compared to the industry norm. This benefits our customers because they have access to the latest features to meet their changing requirements – they can rely on Okta to be agile and to continuously innovate.
Responsiveness: Services and Support Model
Products and Engineering
Our products and engineering teams are dedicated to developing and delivering a robust service backed by a comprehensive product roadmap – not only to address customers' requirements today but also to determine what is critical for the future.
Our Cloud Architecture service provides a consultative approach, developing pragmatic solutions in complex hybrid IT environments – inclusive of both cloud and on-premise IT investments. We can take on very complex business requirements and turn them into successful solutions in a matter of days and weeks.
Professional and Training Services
Our professional services and training options are built to expedite the deployment of Okta's service. We are focused on ensuring successful customer roll outs, and we're also focused on delivering the most value and the best ROI from our identity and access management service. Our SmartStart service offerings are designed to accommodate the entire lifecycle: discovery, planning, deployment, transition to support, and initial and on-going training. The training plan enables customers to successfully roll out the Okta service to all employees.
Our Support service is built to be proactive and preemptive – we anticipate issues and work collaboratively with our customers to resolve them before they impact our customers. Our support engineers are available 365/24/7 to provide the outstanding support our customers have come to expect. Our satisfaction rating is in the above 98%. Every day we ask ourselves how we can keep business simple and scalable. We offer our customers multiple support options to meet their business needs from 24/7 Premier to 24/7 Premier Plus with a dedicated Technical Account Manager.
Competency: Security and Identity Management is Our Business
We know that our customers rely on our core competency. Our core competency is security and managing identity for anyone, from anywhere and at any time. Our business is to strengthen our customers’ security and identity management by offering a service to manage cloud and on-premise applications, which customers, employees, contractors, customers and partners access through tablets, smartphones and desktops from anywhere in the world. Our customers can count on Okta as their safe and secure identity and access management partner.
A Methodology Perfected to Turn Every Customer into a Customer For Life
Our service delivery methodology sets out to create Customers for Life. Once you are an Okta customer, we strive to keep you happy for life. That means that we not only need to demonstrate how we can add value from the initial evaluation process to selection to planning, deployment, training and on-going support. Our methodology takes five tenets into account:
- Rapid: Our customers can start using the Okta identity management service immediately. No need to install and configure a system to scale. Leave that to the Okta service. Once the org is established in just minutes, the service can be rolled out in hours and days.
- Iterative: The Okta service can be deployed in iteration. Each iteration becomes a building block to develop confidence and manage changes effectively. These iterations are driven by the number of apps, types of users, groups, geographic boundaries and service features. We expect our customers to fully rollout the Okta service in only matter of weeks and never more than a few months.
- Best Practices: With hundreds of successful deployments for companies of all sizes, Okta shares the best practices learned to make our new customers successful in record time. We help our customers deploy the service to maximize their security, user productivity, IT productivity and reduce IT costs – all leading to the best ROI.
- Agile: We adapt as you need us to. One size does not fit all. We take great care during the solution development phase to determine your requirements and suggest to you how we can meet your requirements, priority and timeline.
- Results Oriented: Even with our agility, our customers can rely on us 100% to be prescriptive and detailed, which leads to concrete results and success. Every project iteration is designed to drive solid results and business value. We assure our customers that they can benefit all that we discover during the ROI modeling and then some.
We take a lot of pride in our ability to offer our customers personalized service. We live by a simple philosophy, we make our customers problems our own and we are relentless and do not rest until they are addressed in a timely manner. We understand that every customer is different and so are their needs. We go out of our way to help our customers - just ask any of our customers about Okta's customer service and you will know why you can trust Okta as your premier identity and access management business partner.