Title of Job: Director, Field Alliances – EMEA Global Systems Integrators
Role Located in: London, U.K. - Okta’s EMEA Headquarters
Reports to: Vice President, Worldwide Field Alliances
Company Description: Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
Okta is looking for a Director, EMEA Global Systems Integrators with strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to accelerate our global systems integrator ecosystem. The objective is to extend Okta’s Global SI reach, revenues and services delivery via a robust and highly active Global SI ecosystem with leading SI’s such as Deloitte, Accenture, PwC and KPMG.
The candidate will have significant experience and passion in launching and scaling Global System Integrator Go-To-Market programs tactically at the field level between the Global SI and Okta’s enterprise sales organization. The ideal candidate will also possess a strong channel sales and marketing background and leadership skills that enables them to engage with Global SI’s vertical (i.e. Energy, Financial Services, Technology) consulting and horizontal (Security, Digital) leadership teams to drive strong field level engagement between the GSI and Okta.
This is a critical role within the Okta team, and will require cross-functional leadership skills to work with Okta Sales, Support, Services, Product and Engineering. This role will be a major change agent, having impact and influence with a high degree of autonomy, energy, flexibility and drive to create real and measurable business results across EMEA. For this role, business relationship development, sales and marketing acumen is more important than technical knowledge.
Candidates should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their GSI Alliance sales responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passionate Field Alliances champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across Global System Integrator partner base to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Establish and execute joint Go-To-Market initiatives with our EMEA Global Systems Integrator Partners that drive Okta lead generation and annual revenues
- Broker and develop effective relationships between Okta and our EMEA Global Systems Integrators Consulting/Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, and Product Development organizations
- Define and communicate Okta’s value propositions to Global Systems Integrators Advisory, Marketing, Professional Services and Vertical organizations, driven through webinars, training, partner events and other communications
- Work closely with the VP and General Manager of EMEA and the VP, Wordwide Field Alliances to define, execute and evanglize the Field Alliance and GSI GTM partner strategy both internally and externally
- Develop internal and external-facing marketing and sales collateral supporting the GSI GTM partnership
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership regarding the partner’s current areas of focus as well as potential new areas for expansion (WDAY+ Okta, SNOW + Okta, etc…)
- Work closely with the Okta EMEA Sales organization to broker account mapping and field-level relationships with GSI Partner Sales, Marketing and overlay teams
- Strong history of building and driving pipeline generation at the field level with direct sales and go-to-market partner organizations
- Deliver basic Okta sales training and enablement to GSI vertical sales leaders and advisors
- Work cross-functionally with Business Operations, Enablement, Legal, Marketing, Product Marketing, Program Management, Services, Sales, Marketing and other internal organizations across Okta on a regular basis
- Strong analytical skills to determine which Go-To-Market partners and programs are driving results and insight to build on that experience
- Proven history of exceeding Alliance/Channel sales or direct sales quotas
- Ability to forecast channel revenue accurately with strong Salesforce.com skills
- Represent both the voice of the partner to Okta and the voice of Okta to the partner as required to resolve issues and attain revenue
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong intrinsic motor
- Self-sufficient, focused leader with a propensity towards execution and driving revenue results
- Natural and effortless relationship management / partner development skills
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in Business Development in driving Global Systems Integrators GTM relationships
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively to business development leaders, executives, product managers, engineers, lawyers, and security professionals
- A business leader who is able to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally
- Passionate Field Alliances/Channel champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across our EMEA GSIs to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Up to date on trends and key companies in Cloud computing and Identity Management
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A high degree of honesty, integrity and sound judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree, MBA or Masters degree from a top university a plus
- Comfortable with weekly travel across EMEA region
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.