Okta is looking for a Field Alliances Director with strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to accelerate our Field Alliance ecosystem, with the objective to extend Okta’s reach and revenue and strengthen our distribution channels across APAC.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong sales, alliances and channel marketing background that enables them to engage with partner sales organizations at the VP/SVP level, interact with a wide variety of companies who operate with different business models and marketing strategies (e.g. resellers, referral partners, systems integrators and solution providers) and Okta’s field and inside teams.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seasoned revenue generation track record driving sales in both direct and channel sales roles
- Proven history of exceeding Alliance/Channel sales or direct sales quotas
- Strong history of building and driving pipeline generation at the field level with direct sales and go-to-market partner organizations
- Establish and execute joint Go-To-Market initiatives with Alliance partners that drive Okta APAC pipeline generation and annual revenues
- Develop internal and external-facing marketing and sales collateral supporting Field Alliance GTM partnerships
- Broker and develop effective relationships with APAC Field Alliance partner Sales, Marketing, Services, Pre-Sales, Architecture, and Product Management organizations
- Define and communicate value propositions of Okta to Alliance partner Sales, Marketing and Services organizations, driven through webinars, training, partner events and other communications
- Work closely with the Okta Sales organization to broker account mapping and field-level relationships with APAC Alliance Partner Sales, Marketing and overlay teams
- Deliver basic Okta sales training and enablement to Field Alliance sales leaders and reps
- Work closely with the VP, APAC to define, execute and evanglize the Field Alliance and GTM partner strategy both internally and externally
- Serve as the partner advocate inside Okta; evangelize partners and the opportunities they present by injecting partner DNA into Okta APAC organization
- Represent both the voice of the Channel Partner to Okta and the voice of Okta to the Partner are required to resolve issues and attain revenue
- Work cross-functionally with Okta Business Operations, Enablement, Legal, Marketing, Product Marketing, Program Management, Services, Sales, Marketing and other internal organizations
- Strong analytical skills to determine which programs are driving results and insight to build upon that experience
- Ability to forecast channel revenue accurately with strong Salesforce.com skills
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong motor, execution and intrinsically driven
- A seasoned, revenue driven, relationship management leader
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Natural and highly effective relationship / partner development skills
- 7-10 years of high-tech channel sales or alliances at a SaaS start up, successfully implementing channel/field alliances strategy to drive dramatically increased sales
- Seasoned revenue generation track record driving sales in both direct and Field Alliances roles
- Field Alliances success with a rolodex of APAC partners (primary market of focus ANZ) , their key executives and sales leaders
- Strong history of building and driving pipeline generation at the field level with direct sales and Field Alliance ecosystem go-to-market partner organizations
- Passionate Field Alliance/Channel champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across APAC/ANZ partner ecosystem to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- A business leader who is able to drive influence and build strong relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner, prospect organizations and internally at Okta
- Up to date on the trends and market leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing and Identity Management ecosystem
- Experience with Cloud Software Vendors and their strategies/business models
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A high degree of honesty, integrity and sound judgment
- Comfortable with weekly travel to partners as necessary
- BA/BS degree, MBA or Masters degree from a top university a plus Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.