Okta is looking for a Director, Global Systems Integrators with strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to accelerate our global systems integrator ecosystem. The objective is to extend Okta’s Global SI reach, revenues and services delivery via a robust and highly active Global SI ecosystem with leading SI’s such as Deloitte, Accenture and PwC.
The candidate will have significant experience and passion in launching and scaling Global System Integrator Go-To-Market programs tactically at the field level between the Global SI and Okta’s enterprise sales organization. The ideal candidate will also possess a strong channel sales and marketing background and leadership skills that enables them to engage with Global SI’s vertical (i.e. Energy, Financial Services, Technology) consulting and horizontal (Security, Digital) leadership teams to drive strong field level engagement between the GSI and Okta.
This is a critical role within the Okta team, and will require cross-functional leadership skills to work with Okta Sales, Support, Services, Product and Engineering. This role will be a major change agent, having impact and influence with a high degree of autonomy, energy, flexibility and drive to create real and measurable business results. For this role, business relationship development, sales and marketing acumen is more important than technical knowledge.
Candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passionate Field Alliances champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across Global System Integrator partner base to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Establish and execute joint Go-To-Market initiatives with Global Systems Integrators (Accenture, Deloitte, PwC) that drive Okta lead generation and annual revenues
- Broker and develop effective relationships between Okta, Global Systems Integrators (Accenture, Deloitte, PwC) Consulting/Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, and Product Development organizations
- Define and communicate Okta’s value propositions to Global Systems Integrators (Accenture, Deloitte, PwC) Advisory, Marketing and Professional Services organizations, driven through webinars, training, partner events and other communications
- Work closely with the VP, WW Field Alliances to define, execute and evanglize the Field Alliance and GSI GTM partner strategy both internally and externally
- Develop internal and external-facing marketing and sales collateral supporting the GSI GTM partnership
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership regarding the partner’s current areas of focus as well as potential new areas for expansion (WDAY+ Okta, SNOW + Okta, etc…)
- Work closely with the Okta Sales organization to broker account mapping and field-level relationships with GSI Partner Sales, Marketing and overlay teams
- Strong history of building and driving pipeline generation at the field level with direct sales and go-to-market partner organizations
- Deliver basic Okta sales training and enablement to GSI vertical sales leaders and advisors
- Work cross-functionally with Business Operations, Enablement, Legal, Marketing, Product Marketing, Program Management, Services, Sales, Marketing and other internal organizations across Okta on a regular basis
- Strong analytical skills to determine which Go-To-Market partners and programs are driving results and insight to build on that experience
- Proven history of exceeding Alliance/Channel sales or direct sales quotas
- Ability to forecast channel revenue accurately with strong Salesforce.com skills
- Represent both the voice of the partner to Okta and the voice of Okta to the partner as required to resolve issues and attain revenue
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong intrinsic motor
- Self-sufficient, focused leader with a propensity towards execution and driving revenue results
- Natural and effortless relationship management / partner development skills
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in Business Development in driving Global Systems Integrators GTM relationships. A strong background working with Deloitte worldwide is a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively to business development leaders, executives, product managers, engineers, lawyers, and security professionals
- A business leader who is able to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally
- Passionate Field Alliances/Channel champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across GSIs to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Up to date on trends and key companies in Cloud computing and Identity Management
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A high degree of honesty, integrity and sound judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree, MBA or Masters degree from a top university a plus
- Comfortable with weekly travel
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.