The Technology Partnership team, within Corporate Development, is responsible for identifying and delivering differentiated, high-impact technology partnerships that provide leverage for Okta's global sales teams as well as bring exponential benefit to Okta’s #1 priority: our customers. The Director, Technology Partnerships will own a set of strategic partners and drive robust GTM partnership contracts. With an eye for integrations and a passion for scaling revenue through partners, this role will be extremely cross functional. You will collaborate with Okta’s executive team, sales leadership, product management, marketing and channel/alliances teams to ensure our partners bring the highest impact to Okta.
- Work closely with the VP of Technology Partners to build strategic partnership strategies that will drive massive growth for Okta’s CIAM product line. This role will own a specific set of target partner companies.
- Outline product integration opportunities
- Quantify customer benefits
- Build revenue opportunity models
- Drive sales strategy
- Align with both our VP’s of Corporate Strategy & Tech Strategy to ensure prioritization of partners aligns to Company vision and 3 year goals. Dive into market research & data that support your strategy and close new Partnerships.
- Identify key decision makers at your target list of partners: build trust across their product and executive teams and leverage strategic selling skills to influence and close unique commercial terms with a mindset of Win-Win-Win (Customer-Partner-Okta).
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across Okta’s product, engineering, marketing, sales, and communications teams to ensure close alignment on deals prior, during, and after deal launch.
- Drive executive level communication across Okta to update the company on key KPIs and deliverables.
- Work closely with head of Partner Programs to ensure successful onboarding of all new partners:
- Marketing Materials
- GTM Templates and playbooks
- Revenue tracking
- 10+ years direct experience with closing technical ISV partnerships.
- Established contacts and relationships with partnerships with consumer technology and/or marketing technology companies (ie: Shopify, Adobe, HubSpot).
- Knowledge of the unique role Developers play in eCommerce and digital transformation projects for B2C companies.
- Proven track record of executing commercial terms as well as documenting and driving clear product integrations; co-marketing programs.
- Experience in building non-standard partnership structures (MOU/LOI); negotiating big and complex contract terms.
- Deep knowledge of Software and SaaS technology and business models.
- Experience in Identity and/ or Security a plus.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA or Masters degree preferred