Team / Role Description:
Okta’s Corporate Development team plays a critical role in enabling Okta’s growth via strategic ecosystems, key technology partners, targeted investments, and acquisitions. Sitting underneath the Corporate Development umbrella, our M&A Integration team is responsible for the end-to-end integration planning and execution of all corporate acquisitions. Above all else, we’re focused on maximizing acquisition value and fueling Okta’s growth.
As a Manager of M&A Integration, you will be responsible for supporting the planning and execution of successful acquisition integration in close collaboration with functional members from across the organization. In this role you will focus on management of multiple complex workstreams with a given deal(s). In this capacity, you will assist in driving the integration plan and execution end-to-end while proactively raising issues with management as they arise.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing complex cross-functional projects while maintaining an efficient plan, tracking issues, and proactively communicating progress against project milestones. This person will also need to be adept at building close working relationships and quickly establishing personal credibility across an organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support end-to-end program management / 100-day roadmap for all in-flight integrations
- Support development of Integration strategy for acquired companies and help operationalize said strategies across the organization
- Facilitate stakeholder alignment across various workstreams impacting various functions.
- Coordinate + assist in driving cross-functional meetings. Document + communicate decisions / actions and follow ups with key leaders
- Rapidly identify issues / risks and escalate to Corp Dev leadership as necessary. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Assist with development of integration budget for functional areas during each acquisition and ensure adherence to plan
- Drive documentation of M&A best practices, playbooks, and process improvements with functional leads
- Drive quarterly integration performance recapping
- Participate in M&A due diligence activities as required
Required Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of consulting and / or industry experience with a background in strategy consulting, business operations, or corporate development. Practical expertise in enterprise software / SaaS industry
- Demonstrated experience designing & driving complex, cross-functional initiatives. M&A-specific experience a major plus
- Track record of building trusted relationships & influencing others across functions
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization
- Self-starter who can multitask and thrive in fast-paced / ambiguous environments
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA / advanced degrees a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.