The Technology Partnership team, within Corporate Development, is responsible for identifying and delivering differentiated, high-impact technology partnerships that provide leverage for Okta's global sales teams as well as bring exponential benefit to Okta’s #1 priority: our customers. The Manager, Strategic Partnerships will own a set of strategic partners and drive robust GTM partnerships. With a passion for scaling revenue through partners, this role will be highly cross functional. You will collaborate with Okta’s sales teams, channel/alliances teams, as well as marketing to ensure our partners bring the highest revenue impact to Okta.
- Co-own a set of partnerships with the intent of developing, implementing, and driving GTM initiatives that increase influenced and sourced revenue for Okta.
- Drive joint account planning and execution between Okta and your strategic partners to align sales and alliance teams to drive qualified leads. Deliver revenue modeling (where applicable) and have ability to communicate to executives both internally and externally.
- Align closely with Okta’s marketing organization to identify and execute on unique co-marketing campaigns and events.
- Work with Okta’s product and Tech Strategy team to identify and outline product integration opportunities that improve mutual customers’ experience with Okta.
- Identify key stakeholders at your partner(s) and build trust across their GTM teams and leverage strategic selling skills to influence and unique commercial terms for Okta.
- Track and report partner-based opportunity pipeline, deal registrations and bookings against goals, marketing leads and other key metrics on a monthly basis.
- Build strong internal relationships with key stakeholders across Okta’s sales, alliances, operations and marketing teams, to ensure a close Okta/partner field alignment.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years managing GTM relationships with strategic ISV partners
- Previous work experience with the AWS ecosystem required
- Previous work experience within the ecosystems of Salesforce, Microsoft, Google, Servicenow and/or VMware strongly preferred
- Direct experience with sales and go-to-market initiatives with SaaS platforms
- Experience selling and marketing solutions via cloud marketplaces
- Proven track record of developing and executing partner business plans that drive partner revenue goals
- Strong networking skills inside and outside of your organization with a demonstrated ability to influence relationships to drive business results
- Deep knowledge of Software and SaaS technology and business models.
- Experience in Identity and/ or Security a plus.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA or Masters degree preferred
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.