Okta is looking for a Senior Partner Solutions Technical Architect to continue define and expand our strategic partnerships in the fast-growing and rapidly evolving identity ecosystem with a focus in identity and security for DevOps and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). As a key member of the Corporate Development team, you will act as the technical liaison between product management and our technology partners - effectively playing the role of a product manager for all ISV partnership. The responsibilities include defining and building appropriate integrations with various technology partners, providing technical support and guidance for the partner ecosystem, and participating at partner events. You will also provide technical assessment and evaluation where needed for various Corporate Development initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and technical skills to interact with partner CTOs, product managers, sales engineers and developers. This candidate will also work closely with their Corporate Development team compatriots to build relationships with these ISV partners, think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges to help ISVs in their growth while expanding the Okta ISV ecosystem. The candidate should also possess a keen interest and a deep understanding of the identity and security ecosystem in order to provide insights to our product and corporate development team. As the voice of Okta, you will have the opportunity to participate in partner and industry events and contribute content - to promote thought leadership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead technical discussions with select ISV partners on the value Okta can provide to their customers.
- Educate ISVs on identity concepts and help identity-enable their products for their needs.
- Explore, strategize and prioritize product integration strategies, with supporting business cases
- Gather, track, and translate ISV feedback and help steer the Okta product roadmap with Okta product organization
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership within the identity/security ecosystem and explore potential new areas for expansion.
- Work cross-functionally with Corporate Development, Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales Engineering and other internal organizations across Okta on a regular basis.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in DevOps projects on at least 1 or more IaaS platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Strong understanding of DevOps related to identity and security areas including IaaS security, application security and container security
- Experience with Okta preferred but not a requirement
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to provide business and technical guidance to audiences of varying technical abilities including development leaders, executives, product managers and engineers.
- Experience with Software Vendors and ability to work with Corporate Development in building strong ISV partner relationships.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and share your knowledge with the community around you
- Willingness to make mistakes in a dynamic environment. Things are not always perfect, however you are someone that strives to improve process and adapts as needed to opposing priorities
- Domain knowledge and experience in one or more of identity and access management, threat detection, security analytics, UEBA, IGA, strong authentication, network security and API security is a strong plus but not required.
- Prior experience in sales engineering, technical marketing, or technical product management, partner architect, or technical evangelist.
- Bachelors of Arts or Science, with computer science background.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.