Successful organizations today must be empowered to securely and seamlessly use any technology. That’s particularly true for mission-driven organizations on the front lines of society's most significant challenges and opportunities. That's why Okta committed early to the Pledge 1% movement – directing our people, products, and financial resources toward critical issues in our communities.
Okta for Good, our social impact initiative, is how we bring that pledge to life. Our mission is to strengthen the connections between people, technology and community. We are a passionate and strategic team that works across Okta’s entire ecosystem to maximize the good we can do together.
The Philanthropy Lead is an exciting new position intended to help guide and accelerate Okta for Good’s philanthropic efforts. You will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and measuring the impact of Okta’s strategic philanthropy programs. We’re looking for a passionate and execution-orientated leader to bring new thinking and deeper impact to our work.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grants and Program Management – Build and manage a portfolio of grants and grantmaking programs across Okta for Good’s strategic focus areas: nonprofit technology enablement; local community investments; and employee giving and education. Generate and source new partnerships, grantmaking opportunities and collaborations. Work in partnership with Okta for Good program leads to deepen and extend the impact of our existing work through philanthropy
- Partnership Management – Develop deep, generative and trusted long-term relationships with grantees, philanthropic partners and local community leaders. Expertly guide partnerships toward shared outcomes and tangible results
- Impact Measurement – Apply relevant frameworks (e.g. SDGs, logic models) to Okta’s philanthropy work to track, measure and monitor the impact of grants and investments; leverage these frameworks to guide new initiatives
- Operations and Financial Management – Oversee the administration and responsible management of the Okta for Good Fund, including managing relationship with external donor advised fund partner and internal teams across finance, treasury, accounting and legal. Build the right processes to ensure appropriate financing, budgeting, and grant tracking
- Storytelling – Bring the voice of Okta’s grantees to the forefront of Okta for Good’s communications efforts; support advocacy and collaboration to engage Okta’s entire ecosystem (employees, customers, partners) in the work of Okta for Good; bring deeper transparency to Okta’s philanthropic efforts by developing appropriate reports, website and blog content, and internal / external talks
- Innovation for New Initiatives– Ideate on, test, prove out and systematize new initiatives that address rapidly evolving needs around nonprofit technology capacity-building and locally relevant issues in Okta’s global communities
What you can bring:
- 10 - 12 years of experience in philanthropy, nonprofit organization management and/or impact measurement
- Demonstrated, increasing responsibility over programs, partnerships or funds deployed
- Experience building capacity for nonprofit organizations, especially around their use of technology
- An understanding of trust-based philanthropy
- Experience working through ecosystems and networks to effect social change
- Exceptional written and presentation skills for high-visibility storytelling, both internally and externally
- Ability to forge strong cross-sector working relationship across organizations and geographies
- Adept at synthesizing complex inputs from multiple stakeholders
- A passion for creating and sustaining connections between business and society
- Ability to bring people together around a common goal and lead by influence
- A desire to build
Meet the manager:
Erin Baudo Felter is the Executive Director of Okta for Good. https://www.linkedin.com/in/erinbfelter/
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.