Okta is looking for a Senior Partner Solutions Technical Architect to continue define and expand our strategic partnerships in the fast-growing and rapidly evolving identity ecosystem with a focus in identity and security for DevOps and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). As a key member of the Corporate Development team, you will act as the technical liaison between product management and our technology partners - effectively playing the role of a product manager for all ISV partnership. The responsibilities include defining and building appropriate integrations with various technology partners, providing technical support and guidance for the partner ecosystem, and participating at partner events. You will also provide technical assessment and evaluation where needed for various Corporate Development initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and technical skills to interact with partner CTOs, product managers, sales engineers and developers. This candidate will also work closely with their Corporate Development team compatriots to build relationships with these ISV partners, think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges to help ISVs in their growth while expanding the Okta ISV ecosystem. The candidate should also possess a keen interest and a deep understanding of the identity and security ecosystem in order to provide insights to our product and corporate development team. As the voice of Okta, you will have the opportunity to participate in partner and industry events and contribute content - to promote thought leadership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead technical discussions with select ISV partners on the value Okta can provide to their customers.
- Educate ISVs on identity concepts and help identity-enable their products for their needs.
- Explore, strategize and prioritize product integration strategies, with supporting business cases
- Gather, track, and translate ISV feedback and help steer the Okta product roadmap with Okta product organization
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership within the identity/security ecosystem and explore potential new areas for expansion.
- Work cross-functionally with Corporate Development, Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales Engineering and other internal organizations across Okta on a regular basis.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in DevOps projects on at least 1 or more IaaS platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Strong understanding of DevOps related to identity and security areas including IaaS security, application security and container security
- Experience with Okta preferred but not a requirement
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to provide business and technical guidance to audiences of varying technical abilities including development leaders, executives, product managers and engineers.
- Experience with Software Vendors and ability to work with Corporate Development in building strong ISV partner relationships.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and share your knowledge with the community around you
- Willingness to make mistakes in a dynamic environment. Things are not always perfect, however you are someone that strives to improve process and adapts as needed to opposing priorities
- Domain knowledge and experience in one or more of identity and access management, threat detection, security analytics, UEBA, IGA, strong authentication, network security and API security is a strong plus but not required.
- Prior experience in sales engineering, technical marketing, or technical product management, partner architect, or technical evangelist.
- Bachelor of Art or Science, with computer science background.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.