Position Description: Okta is looking for a Sr. Strategic Alliance Manager “SAM” with strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to accelerate the SHI ecosystem. The objective is to extend Okta’s reach and revenues via a robust and highly active engagement within SHI & SHI’s government sales teams.
Be a key member of the Okta’s Regional Alliance organization, drive sales with SHI nationally and act as the key day to day face of Okta with this National Partner.
The candidate will have significant experience and passion in launching and scaling Go-To-Market programs tactically at the field level between SHI and vendor organizations. The ideal candidate will also possess a strong channel sales history and an intimate knowledge of SHI that enables them to drive engagement and strong, alignment with Okta’s sales teams. A successful history of working with SHI’s security specialists is desired as well as a knowledge of SAAS and Cybersecurity.
This is a critical role within the Okta team and will require cross-functional leadership skills to work with Okta Sales, Support, and Services. This role will be a major change agent, having impact and influence with a high degree of autonomy, energy, flexibility and drive to create real and measurable business results within the SHI partnership.
Candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily presence in SHI Austin office with a focus on building brand and product awareness through trainings, floor walks, Quarterly travel to all SHI offices across the country
- Own and execute joint Go-To-Market initiatives with SHI that drive Okta lead generation and achieve annual revenue targets for Okta
- Understand the ISV and security software landscape and identify collaboration opportunities with other leading vendors solutions including collaboration at events and joint internal education programs
- Be the face of Okta internally for all the SHI sellers, and a resource for them to lean on.
- Define and communicate value propositions of Okta to SHI Sales, Marketing and Services organizations, driven through webinars, training, partner events and other communications.
- Represent Okta at SHI field events across the country
- Work closely with the Okta Sales organization in brokering account mapping and field-level relationships with SHI Sales, Marketing and overlay teams
- Develop internal and external-facing marketing and sales collateral supporting the SHI GTM partnership
- Work cross-functionally with Business Operations, Enablement, Legal, Marketing, Product Marketing, Program Management, Services, Sales, Marketing and other internal organizations across Okta
- Strong analytical skills to determine which programs are driving results and insight to build on that experience
- Ability to forecast channel revenue accurately with strong Salesforce.com skills
- Passionate channel champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across SHI’s ecosystem to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Represent both the voice of SHI to Okta and the voice of Okta to SHI as required to resolve issues and attain revenue
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Channel Sales, and a minimum of 2 years in driving SHI GTM relationships.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively to business development leaders, executives, product managers, and security professionals
- A business leader who is able to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally
- Passionate channel champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across assigned partner base to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Ability to understand software, recognize product integration areas, discuss product roadmaps
- Up to date on trends and key companies in Cloud computing and Identity Management
- Can handle multiple priorities in an extremely fast paced environment
- Ability to run quickly and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A high degree of honesty, integrity and sound judgment
- Comfortable with bi weekly travel
- MBA or JD a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work