The Okta Corporate Strategy function is part of the Corporate Development team and is focused on high impact strategies that support growth and our rapidly increasing scale. Our projects focus on what moves the needle for the company, including top-line growth, market expansion, M&A, and internal operational initiatives.
As a Vice President of Corporate Strategy, you will be responsible for designing and executing strategic initiatives in close partnership with functional leaders across the organization. You will be expected to work on projects that can range from market expansion strategies, to M&A and partnership evaluations, to cross functional initiatives. You will work closely with key stakeholders from the product, development, and sales organization to understand the evolving market dynamics relevant to Okta. Your work will give you direct exposure to the executive team and contribute to our overall strategy and help drive its successful execution.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing complex strategic projects with large technology companies, inclusive of setting strategy, driving business and technical alignment, communicating with both internal and external executives.
This role is full time and located in our San Francisco headquarters.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the end-to-end work process to structure complex problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses and drive actionable recommendations through a data driven process
- Develop compelling recommendations, communicated in high-quality output
- Provide thought leadership and influence decision making within executive audiences
- Lead cross-functional teams (e.g. product BUs) to identify opportunity, unlock productivity and accelerate execution
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of work experience at a top management consulting firm, private equity, or tech strategy/ops function (or similar)
- 5 years of experience designing, managing, and executing strategic projects with large enterprise technology companies including but not limited to market expansion, M&A, strategic partners
- Expertise in the enterprise software/ SaaS industry
- MBA or higher-level business degree required
- Effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions
- Experience in building trusting relationships and influencing others (incl. executive audiences)
- Strong people development and leadership skills; proven ability building out
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
- Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work