As the company looking to enable any company to use any technology, strong technology partnerships are foundational to our business. The Okta Strategic Partnership team is responsible for building deep cross-functional partnerships with select leading technology companies in order to create unique value for our shared customers.
As the Vice President of Strategic Partners, you will be responsible for designing and executing partnerships in close coordination with functional leaders across the organization. This team leads all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing large-scale partnerships and transactions with the potential to have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing complex partnerships with large technology companies, inclusive of setting strategy, driving business and technical alignment, and communicating with both internal and external executives.
This role is full time and located in our San Francisco headquarters.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategic partnership strategy with the expected outcome of driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Evaluate and prioritize partnership opportunities, performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across Okta’s product, engineering, marketing, sales, and communications teams to ensure close alignment on deals prior, during, and after deal sign
- Establishes key performance indicators that will determine the ultimate success of the partnership
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years total work experience with at least 2+ years post-MBA or higher-degree in business development, product management and/or sales (or similar)
- 5 years minimum in a management position demonstrating strong people development and leadership skills; able to manage extended or virtual teams
- Expertise in the enterprise software/SaaS industry a requirement
- Experience with cloud software vendors and their strategies/business models
- Proven track record in building trusting relationships and influencing others (incl. executive audiences)
- Strong people development and leadership skills; able to manage extended or virtual teams
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work