Position Description: Come join our growing team to deliver amazing technology experiences that deliver on the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. Technology experience is the guiding force of our work and we are adding this role to help drive a focus on technology adoption, experience, and success. In this role, you will build out a technology success program for our Employee Enablement organization, focused on the main applications that our employees use every day (including Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, and more). You will communicate and share knowledge with our employees in new and innovative ways, helping them to use technology to power their productivity as we continue on our Dynamic Work journey. We can’t move the needle unless we define and measure our success, so you will help define a program for measuring the impact of our Employee Enablement experience and technologies. You will also be a strong advocate for our employees, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology solutions that makes it easier to get our best work done. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
We are looking for someone with strong experience in technology adoption and change management as a core skillset for this role. The ideal candidate would have experience working on and building change management programs for rapidly growing technology companies. A key to success in this role will be communications, so our ideal candidate would also have experience with large scale employee communications using a variety of channels and media, partnering closely with our Internal Comms team, as well as evangelizing knowledge with teams across the company. We are also looking for someone who is a skilled listener and observer, experienced at various ways to understand employee pain points and gather feedback. Lastly, we hope to find someone who is skilled at sharing knowledge with employees in ways other than standard training.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand existing workplace and productivity technology stack and identify duplicate capabilities and gaps. Work with technology and product owners to understand roadmaps and future capability plans
- Identify “low hanging fruit” items where employees can quickly benefit from some near term actions, whether they be awareness campaigns, a cadence of quick tips, or some improvements to current functionality or process
- Build out a strategy for technology experience and adoption that includes:
- Communications strategy and plan
- Training plan and cadence
- Plan for understanding employee technology feedback, analyzing data, and distilling those in to actions
- Engage with stakeholders across the organization to understand current sentiment, feedback, pain points, and opportunities
- Build strong relationships and actively communicate with stakeholders
- Draft email, web, and Slack comms as well as digital signage messaging as needed
- Map existing enterprise productivity solutions to key use cases to help our employees easily know which tools are best suited to which tasks
- Plan, schedule, and deliver technology training sessions for employees
- Partner with the Employee Enablement Teams, Global Workplace Services, Internal Communications and other internal stakeholders to translate opportunities and challenges into innovative technology solutions
- Champion change with both our employees and our technology product owners to ensure the amazing technology experiences that we strive to deliver
- Build an internal network of change champions and adoption advocates that will help us move the needle with the larger employee population
- Use data to develop plans, make decisions, and assess outcomes
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 8+ years of experience leading technology adoption and change management efforts in technology and or high growth companies
- Strong focus on customer/technology experience - we love our internal customers and hope you will too!
- Experience building a strategy for driving technology adoption, measuring success, and adapting and evolving the program over time
- Experience with user adoption, success, and training employees on collaboration and productivity technologies such as Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, Miro, mobile apps, etc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that are evidenced in ability to write effective and engaging communications and deliver live employee training
- Experience developing and delivering technology training
- Program and project management skills
- Understanding of UX principles
- Experience building employee surveys and analyzing results
- Strategic partner who easily builds strong relationships throughout an organization
- Experience with various other technologies in our portfolio is a plus - Okta, Zoom + Zoom Phone, Envoy, DTEN, Openpath, Brivo, Uniflow, Modo Labs, Kaptivo, Confluence, Jira, Miro, Lucidchart
- Track record of strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to tell a story with data
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.