We are looking for an Enterprise Data Architect to join our team and help us to elevate the maturity of the data discipline including associated processes and technology solutions. In this highly visible position, you will be part of the Business Technology organization and report to the VP, Business Architecture as we work to continuously modernize our solutions and embrace a data-driven culture that seeks to leverage data whenever and wherever possible to enhance business efficiency and effectiveness in our operations. You will be responsible for architecting data warehousing solutions and maintaining the information architecture of global enterprise solutions spanning across multiple business areas.
- Define an enterprise data strategy to establish a governed, curated, and agile data ecosystem that enables business to make data-driven decisions
- Translate strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture, which include an enterprise data model, associated metamodel, common business vocabulary, and naming taxonomy.
- Develop and maintain architecture artifacts like data flows/lineage diagrams, frameworks, and patterns as references for the development teams across Business Technology
- Participate in architecture review of BI/Analytics/data solutions for various Data Warehousing projects in Snowflake, ETL/ELT and data visualization technologies
- Guide enterprise solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio
- Participate in key transformational project design reviews as part of the methodology process to ensure application designs adhere to enterprise information architecture guidelines.
- Monitor regulatory guidelines such as consumer privacy laws, data retention policies, outsourced data, and industry guidelines to determine impact on the enterprise information architecture.
- Lead analysis of the current application landscape to detect critical deficiencies in the data domain and recommend solutions for improving BT’s value proposition to the business partners
- Participate in the data governance committee composed of key business stakeholders to align on data ownership, definitions, usage policies, and priorities
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience architecting, designing, and developing large scale data solutions utilizing a mixture of big data and relational database platforms.
- Data/information modeling expertise at the enterprise level
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, big data modeling techniques using Python, Informatica ETL
- Experience creating datasets for data visualization tool Tableau
- Experience with Master Data Management, Metadata Management, and Data Quality tools, methods, and frameworks
- Experience architecting data solutions leveraging cloud data warehousing technologies Azure, Snowflake, or Redshift
- Experience facilitating/participating in data governance councils
- Ability to define, maintain and manage architecture models, frameworks and artifacts and their building blocks (lower-level component) for the enterprise
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.