Director, Customer Experience Applications
Okta is seeking an experienced leader to head the Customer Experience Applications team within the Business Technology (BT) organization. This team is responsible for the applications that support Okta’s go-to-market organizations supporting Marketing, Sales, Partners, Global Services, and Customer First business domains within the BT organization.
As the Director, Customer Experience Applications you will meet the company’s financial and strategic business objectives through building trusted relationships with business leaders and teams that result in an aligned focus on delivering outcomes and experiences. Your focus will be supported by a clear technology and business strategy, prioritized plans, disciplined execution and predictable, competent delivery of day-to-day technology and information services.
- Guide development activities and provide design direction by leveraging your deep technical experience in the Lead-to-Order, Implement to Support space.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of Product Analysts, Product Owners and people managers.
- Partner with the cross-functional GTM development team to build scalable solutions to support a growing platform.
- Accountable for the technical development and delivery of all projects and initiatives within the Customer Experience team
- Build a high-performance technical development/delivery team
- Become a trusted advisor and strategic team member in order to understand business challenges and plan future business technology solutions.
- Build a platform roadmap to include new capability authorization, service maturity milestones, inter-dependency mapping, value articulation, user adoption targets, re-use goals.
- Leverage deep technical acumen to lead solution development and make decisions across different platforms solutions.
- Collaborate with other BT teams to develop technical standards and align on solution recommendations.
- Responsible for service measurements & continuous improvements including platform health, operational excellence in quality of delivery, and performance of SLAs.
- Manage vendor relationships, negotiations, and process for onboarding.
- Maintain a view of technology trends and how they can help successfully solve business challenges, applying new ideas and lessons learned.
- Establish a predictable track record of agile and cost-effective delivery of measurable outcomes resulting from disciplined management of the IT investment portfolio, while minimizing technical debt.
- Able to influence BT leadership and demonstrate the characteristics of a leader who builds respect within the BT team.
- Bachelor’s degree & 15+ years of directly related experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading a Business Technology function at scale (e.g. $3B+ revenue) in a high-growth environment.
- Deep experience in Salesforce CRM, custom integrations, CPQ, FinancialForce, Gainsight and CLM domains.
- Engaged leader with demonstrable ability to inspire change throughout a 3,000+ organization.
- Technically active, inquisitive and astute, able to lead multi-layered technical conversations with executives, partners, vendors and team members.
- Experience successfully delivering key transformational initiatives, to deliver business value and reduce costs and inefficiencies.
- Experience managing Agile SCRUM teams for the delivery of Salesforce and other technology projects and enhancements on an aggressive schedule.
- Track record of partnering effectively with global and geographically distributed teams to successfully deliver technology solutions.
- Ability to effectively develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.