Okta is seeking a Director, Insights Strategy and Enablement leader to join our Data & Insights team to play a key role in empowering data-based decisions across the Enterprise. In this role you would report to the VP, Data & Insights and work in partnership with Corporate Development, M&A Integration, cross functional business teams to scale information self service and acquisition integration frameworks.
The successful candidate has the experience and skillset to use leading strategies to evolve the data capabilities, establish self service and scalable frameworks, and drive adoption across the enterprise to support business strategies.
- Work with cross functional teams on data quality, standardization, and centralization initiatives as part of the overall company data strategy
- Evangelize a data focused culture through data literacy programs, hands on business enablement sessions, and company wide industry events
- Develop high quality reports, dashboards and other data visualizations to accelerate key business insights
- Work with business partners and other teams to identify new data sources and ensure data is accurate and flowing correctly to the data warehouse using established data certification frameworks
- Drive adoption and best practices of data sources, reporting, and ease of use through data marketplace/catalog technologies
- Close partnership across Business Technology to implement ongoing refinement activities to mature analytics capabilities through enterprise optimization programs, striving for the appropriately balanced pursuit of information governance, business self-service capabilities, and technical and solution architectures to support business strategies
- In support of M&A, provide insights in the diligence phase to determine where a target acquisition company’s margin trends are negatively impacted by specific products, locations, or customers
- Partner closely with cross functional teams to provide data during all phases of M&A lifecycle – strategy development, target screening, integration, due diligence, transaction execution and divestiture
- Use data during negotiation process to determine the specific net impact of decisions reflected in purchase agreements, which risks we are likely to encounter in doing certain deals, which employees and customers should be covered by non-compete agreements, etc.
- Identify opportunities during post-deals for renegotiations with customers or suppliers, to track how customers are responding to the change, and to determine how our risk profile changed as a result.
- 12 + years’ experience with data and analytics enterprise strategy and implementation
- 8 + years’ experience managing teams responsible for building reports and visualizations to represent data intuitively
- 4 + years’ experience with M&A
- Experience with data management, documenting process and ensuring data quality
- Understanding of machine learning techniques
- Ability to work cross functionally and communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Degree in engineering, management systems, statistics, math, economics, or another analytical field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.