Okta is seeking an experienced leader to head the Business Platforms Engineering team within the Business Technology organization. This team leads the delivery and execution of technology solutions on enterprise platforms with a focus on engineering excellence and velocity.
As a Director of Engineering, you will play a key role in the success of our Enterprise Applications strategy that directly impacts internal business operations supporting Okta’s growing business. You will direct and oversee the software engineering function to develop, release, and maintain software applications enabling business strategies.
To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while delivering within an agile delivery framework and supervising key performance indicators. This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while embracing a thriving culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent to scale and meet business demand
- Retain a strategic focus while balancing the daily needs of the business.
- Perform engineering design evaluations and ensure the completion of projects within resource constraints.
- Manage business expectations and resource allocations based on the company's vision and growth strategies.
- Champion Agile methods and practices
- Lead the daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, risk, and performance management.
- Define, manage, and report on key performance indicators
- Manage all aspects of engagement with a Systems Integrator to support the delivery of solutions
- Mentor and coach team members to progress their career goals and aspirations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of progressively increasing management responsibility roles in software engineering, with a strong background in IT application development.
- 5+ years experience in leading engineering teams with a track record of technically demanding projects.
- Experience with developing solutions leveraging SaaS/PaaS platforms
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies.
- Experience leading teams in an Agile software delivery environment leveraging CI/CD.
- Experience coaching and developing engineers to meet career objectives
- Solid grasp of modern software engineering principles and frameworks.
- Understanding of business processes--campaign to opportunity, quote to cash, issue to resolution, hire to retire, procure to pay.
- Expert at collaborating and building trusted partnerships with extended teams.
- Excellence in writing documentation and executive presentation.
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or other technical degrees
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.