Okta is seeking an experienced leader to head the Business Platforms Engineering team within the Business Technology organization. This team is responsible for delivery and execution of technology solutions on enterprise platforms with focus on engineering excellence and velocity.
As a Director of Engineering, you will play a key role in the success of our Enterprise Applications strategy that directly impacts internal business operations supporting Okta’s growing business by directing the overall development release, and maintenance of applications that enable business success. You must be collaborative and able to build trusted partnerships with extended teams. A successful candidate will have the ability to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while delivering within an agile delivery framework and supervising key performance indicators.
- Hire, develop, mentor, and retain extraordinary talent
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver technology solutions that enable the business
- Collaborate on strategic implementation plans while balancing the daily needs of the business.
- Perform engineering design evaluations and ensure the completion of projects within resource, budget, and scheduling constraints.
- Manage business expectations and prioritize resource allocation
- Champion Agile methods and practices
- Participate in core team meetings to discuss status, risks, and mitigation strategies
- Manage objectives, priorities, trade-offs, and risk
- Define, manage, and report on KPI’s that measure team performance against organizational objectives.
- Manage all aspects of engaging a Systems Integrator to support delivery of solutions including establishing a SoW and overseeing progress of the work performed by the SI.
- BS Computer Science or other technical degree.
- 10+ years of progressively increasing management responsibility roles in software engineering, with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- A strong background in IT application development.
- Experience developing solutions leveraging SaaS/PaaS platforms like Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, Anaplan, Xactly and Boomi.
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies.
- Experience leading teams in an Agile software delivery environment
- Experience coaching and developing engineers to meet career objectives
- Solid grasp of modern software engineering principles and frameworks.
- Understanding of business value streams and processes - campaign to opportunity, opportunity to order, order to cash, issue to resolution, recruit to retire, procure to pay, plan to report.
- Excellent communication skills and executive presentation abilities
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.