Okta Data & Insights team is looking for an expert to lead our data strategy and operations efforts across our portfolio. If you are a strategic, results-oriented, creative and intellectually curious data leader with a proven track record of promoting excellence and delivering results, this is a unique opportunity to drive growth and evolution of Okta data and analytics practice.
- 10+ years of experience developing strategy and leading strategic cross-functional initiatives preferably in data and analytics realm
- 12-15 years of progressive experience in data management, analysis/reporting, Business Intelligence (BI), statistics, or related area
- 5-10 years of progressive senior leadership experience, including leading teams of data professionals (analysts, data engineers, data scientists, analytics engineers etc.)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to recognize and prioritize highest impact initiatives
- Strong personal presence and ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization
- Solid knowledge of project management fundamentals and change management processes
- Ability to successfully bring together and drive cooperation across diverse teams with potentially competing goals and objectives
- Strong teamwork skills and proven ability to partner across organization
- Ability to operate independently in fast paced, evolving environment and remove ambiguity for the team
- Track record of driving organizational change through process improvements
- Experience successfully developing long-term strategies and influencing leadership decisions
- Experience effectively turning strategy into executable plans
- Comfort and ease with public speaking with large and small audiences
- Ability to synthesize complex technical concepts into understandable messages for different audiences using various formats (decks, verbal presentations, white papers)
- Degree in business administration, information technology, engineering, management systems or related fields.
What the job involves
- Maintain timely, proactive and structured communication across the Data & Insights team and for the rest of the organization.
- Build strong relationships and trusted connections across the Data & Insights organization and our partners and stakeholders. Seek clarity and ensure teams are aligned and continually progressing and delivering on cross-functional programs that drive customer and company objectives
- Drive long-term planning, decision making, tracking and high-level reporting including clear communications on priorities, high-level estimates and resources requirements
- Develop and foster a culture of innovation in the end to end process, challenge existing processes, technologies and systems to continuously seek ways to do things better in order to achieve business/customer objectives and drive greater efficiencies
- Work closely with Data & Insights leadership team to identify and apply best practices and frameworks to build pathways for empowered, collaborative and effective teams
- Help define Data & Insights strategy, developing VMTs, then breaking them down into trackable work streams to deliver on the annual plan
- Work closely with VP of Data & Insights on developing content for internal and external presentations and communications
- Learning and professional growth: continually strengthen your industry and analytics expertise and contribute to the success of others by sharing best practices
- Partner with leadership within the business, engineering, and business technology teams to ensure priorities, standards, and processes are designed, implemented, and adhered to
- Be an advocate for the analytics community and the Data & Insights strategy
- Develop and evolve enablement programs to boost business stakeholders data mastery. Create training programs, lead coordination and preparation of Analytics community events and promote governed data democratization.
- Lead tracking of Data & Insights budget and collaborate with the Finance and Business Operations team on accurate reporting and timely updates to the leadership team.
- Provide Program management support on internal / Data & Insights initiatives
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $178,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.