Information Security is a top business imperative at Okta. In addition to driving security in our corporate environment, the Business Technology (BT) team is deeply entrenched in the Okta business. We are an engineering-focused team that seeks to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
We are looking for an experienced Federal Product Manager to drive Okta’s Federal program covering Okta’s Business Technology environment from end-user computing to cloud infrastructure and our SaaS providers that make our Federal environment tick. This role takes responsibility for the stable delivery of effective Business Technology FedRAMP services within the company as the end-to-end owner of a portfolio of Business Technology Federal services from strategy and planning to management and delivery.
Federal Product Manager is a strategic role who partners with the Federal CSO, Business Technology Federal team, Federal Engineering Team, and the Okta’s Federal Operations team to ensure the effective FedRAMP design and operations focused in the Business Technology environment.
The successful candidate will be an experienced technical leader with strong communication skills with a strong FedRAMP High and DoD IL4 experience background. You will have prior experience working with security technologies in a FedRAMP High environment focus in Information Technology and Security. As a partner to the broader Okta Federal team, you will have experience influencing others concerning FedRAMP policies and standards and the know-how to balance Federal needs and user experience. You will also participate as part of Federal security incident response processes.
- You will be collaborating with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders, such as the Federal Engineering Team, Federal Operations, and Business Technology team & to build and drive multi-year roadmap
- Lead and manage Business Technology Fedramp program, including federal requirements gathering, documenting and planning.
- Be a FedRAMP subject matter expert (SME) and provide input to Business Technology and various business teams with regard to how FedRAMP compliance may impact product updates, SSP updates, or the underlying relevant processes.
- Provide support to the compliance audit and assessment efforts to include external third-party auditors with evidence collection and upload, auditor interview support, and auditor walk-throughs of policies, procedures, and related compliance and security documentation
- Provide support with creating, updating, and maintaining documentation for FedRAMP audit.
- Assist with performing and managing security impact analyses, reviewing access management controls, creating relevant training deployment to applicable users, and mapping technical implementation of changes to impacted NIST security controls.
- Work with the Business Technology team to execute continuous monitoring, including tracking and updating Business Technology Plan of Action and Milestones and ensuring timely reporting to our Agency partners.
- Collaborate with the Federal Operations team to perform timely and efficient communication with our agencies and the PMO.
- Facilitate and verify FedRAMP evidence and artifacts are created and uploaded according to FedRAMP continuous monitoring (ConMon) requirements.
- Assess the impact of new features and architectural changes to the Fedramp boundary and SSP.
- Guide technical teams on relevant NIST requirements and documentation update tasks
- Assist GRC team on other ad hoc important tasks when required
- Assesses and reviews FedRAMP Program and strategy effectiveness and develops reports and briefings for Business Technology leadership on FedRAMP Program and strategy gaps and weaknesses while also recommending solutions to enhance capabilities and address gaps.
- Assist in the development and tracking of metrics to ensure FedRAMP compliance.
- You have at least 8 years of information technology and/or information security experience
- You have at least 5 years of Product Owner experience, playing a critical role in the execution, requirements planning, tracking, delivery or audit of FedRAMP High controls (FedRAMP-moderate or FedRAMP-high).
- Experience working with the internal and external audit teams to collect evidence for gap assessment preferred.
- You have expertise in building compliance and security framework, mapping business use cases and decomposing unstructured data into business and technical requirements.
- You have domain expertise in FedRAMP and DoD IL4 (Federal Risk Authorization Management Program), NIST SP 800-53 Rev 5, and NIST SP 800-37, ISO27001 frameworks
- You have a track record of successfully collaborating with technical and business teams to achieve deadline-driven milestones while demonstrating the ability to think critically and creatively, with analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are able to independently operate and take a proactive approach to your projects.
- You can mentor and coach the team on the Federal requirements, technical specifications and being able to explain to the team Federal requirements / controls in simple terms.
- Outstanding listener, great presenter, terrific interpersonal and communication skills with strong ability to influence other teams to get things done, with diplomacy and without formal authority.
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree a plus
- Experience working in an Agile and/or Lean environment
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
- Certification Project Manager Professional (PMI pr equivalent Project Management Certification a plus)
- Travel domestically up to 10%
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $135,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.