Okta IT is looking for a savvy IT Support Engineer to help us exceed our goal of being
known as the Best BT Team ever! You'll help us by solving a variety of technical IT
requests while delivering an incredible Employee Experience. We know that it's never
just an interaction – it’s building relationships. You will provide support to our internal
users, share knowledge with the global IT team and help drive a fun, quality-focused
environment. You'll be comfortable owning and managing internal IT administrative
tools, maintaining department documentation, enforcing our policies & procedures and
helping to ensure the proper use of our internal systems. You'll work with the IT
Leadership team on department and organization-wide projects to help further the
development of Okta’s products and features.
A successful IT Support Engineer must have a strong understanding of all common
internet applications, hardware, mobile phones and devices, networks, and operating
systems. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be
comfortable working in a fast paced, interrupt driven environment.You will bring a
positive and fun spirit to the work you do each and every day, while being able to work
independently at times.
Our goal is to make sure that every employee in the Organization is provided with a
fantastic experience and that they have everything they need to be successful, starting
from day one.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Inventory and asset management including receiving and building of hardware as
well as ongoing management of assets (loaners, redeploying used assets, EOL
older assets, loss prevention)
● Responsible for providing in person and remote support to our global staff (all
worker types and employee levels). Requests will come in a variety of forms such
as tickets, walkups, Slack and email.
● Administer a variety of SaaS applications including but not limited to: Okta,
Google Workspace, Box, Github, Atlassian, Slack and Jira
● Hardware management including troubleshooting build issues, resolving End
User machine issues, imaging and policy remediation efforts
● Supporting our weekly New Hire Orientation classes including weekly new hire
onboarding efforts, training, onboarding documentation, and ensuring that all new
hires are setup for success on day one with the correct hardware and access
● Event Support (Oktane, Kick Off Events, New Hire Orientation) which may
● Create, update, and maintain knowledge articles in our knowledge management
● Strive to achieve resolution of all interactions on first touch whenever possible
while proactively balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
● Assist with special projects as assigned
● Ability to identify potential user issues as larger system or company-wide
● Service Desk experience is required
● Technical degree or related work experience required
● 3 year+ experience with Mac and PC technical support
● 3 year+ experience working in a heavily SaaS based environment where you
managed User/Role based access to systems
● Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
● Proven desire to take ownership of tasks and projects and follow through to
● Experience working independently as well as with a globally distributed team and
adept at working in an interrupt-driven environment
● Self-starter with initiative and a high 'figure it out' factor
● Experience working in a Public company with a high focus on Security and
compliance (asset/application access), policy/process adherence and an
appreciation for how to translate those requirements/policies into End User
○ Executive support experience is a plus
○ Experience in any of the following: ITIL, JAMF, Okta, Workspace One,
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.