Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Come join our growing team to deliver amazing technology support experiences that fuel the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. Technology experience is the guiding force of our work and our Business Technology Support and Services Lead will help ensure we are providing world class technology support for our employees and our spaces.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a brand new Business Technology Support Team that focuses on the delivery of speedy issue resolution for Okta’s employees, both remote and onsite, with a high focus on quality and engagement. You have experience leading teams to provide best in class remote support regardless of the timezone. You are a subject matter leader that drives issue resolution, and has a strong customer first mindset. You have the proven ability to support operational processes and standards and ensure your team is consistently meeting expectations outlined within standard operating procedures. You will collaborate with key team members to lead quick and scalable solutions. You will ensure the team you lead provides high quality service, consistent messaging, and dynamic support. You will be a strong advocate for our employees, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology teams that makes it easier for everyone to get their best work done. You are a proven people lead that has experience coaching and driving your team to success. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
Okta provides a world class technology experience by offering the best support and service. This Business Technology Support and Services Lead will provide frictionless support, share best practices, and be a trusted advocate for our employees. A successful Business Technology Support and Services Lead must have a strong understanding of common internet and SaaS applications (browsers, Slack, Google Workspace, Zoom, Office, Okta), hardware (Apple/Windows), mobile phones and devices, networks and operating systems, and ServiceNow. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be comfortable working in high pressure situations in a fast-paced environment.
Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an amazing technology experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the support team on site in Bangalore and provide daily guidance and support to meet and/or exceed service delivery SLAs
- Hands on leader that can provide daily remote and onsite IT support for our employees
- Support key measurements of success and streamlined processes for our brand new Bangalore office.
- Organizing shift schedules for team members and training new and current team members
- Work with Manager to Create development plans for your team to support their career growth
- Coach, mentor, and provide guidance for your team to empower them to do their best work.
- Break/Fix support as issues are discovered and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Lead team to support key Employee Lifecycle processes (onboarding and offboarding)
- Use data to proactively look for opportunities to increase customer and team productivity
- Effectively communicate with our customers and stakeholders with empathy and a customer first mindset
- Handle customer escalations during shift
- Assisting with the recruiting process to fill positions as needed
- Identify root cause of issues and document in RCA documents
- Provide proactive support for our employees and continue to challenge the status quo.
- Responsible for providing in person and remote support to our staff. Requests will come in a variety of forms such as tickets, Slack, email, and walk-ups
- Support the adoption of new operational processes and technology tools
- Strive to resolve all employee support interactions on first touch, whenever possible, while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Assist and manage projects as assigned
- Dynamic support to ensure all our employees have the support they need.
- Bring a positive and fun spirit to the work you do each and every day
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-3 years proven experience of leading a dynamic ServiceDesk support team
- 2-3 years of leading and building teams to empower and support their growth
- 5+ years experience with Mac and PC technical support in corporate environments
- 5+ years experience working in a heavily SaaS based environment with responsibility managing user/role based access to systems
- Experience with high priority escalations and high-pressure situations
- Strong ability to multi-task and successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- High level of integrity and ability to work discreetly in situations where you may have access to sensitive information
- Self-starter with initiative and a high 'figure it out' factor
- Proven desire to take ownership of tasks and projects and follow through to completion
- Willingness to work in 24*7 rotational shifts
- Additional skills or certifications a plus:
- Google Suite
- Workspace One
- Atlassian Suite
- Google Suite
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.