Come join our growing team to deliver amazing technology support experiences that fuel the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. Technology experience is the guiding force of our work and our Workplace Technologies Support Team helps ensure we are providing world class on site technology support for our employees and our spaces. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing our onsite support team across the globe, with a focus on speedy issue resolution for employee IT issues, proactive improvements, and a strong customer first mindset. You will lead a globally distributed onsite support team that provides IT “concierge desk” support for our employees as well as maintaining in-office technologies such as Zoom rooms, printers, digital signage, among others. You will also share knowledge with our employees, helping them to use technology to power their productivity as we continue on our Dynamic Work journey. You will be a strong advocate for our employees, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology solutions that makes it easier to get our best work done. You will drive and lead the vision for onsite support across all our campuses. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
We are looking for a passionate people leader who loves motivating, inspiring, and developing their team. This person should have a strong track record of bringing out the best in people and teams that they have managed, creating a positive environment where employees are engaged, excited, and invested in the big picture goals that we are working towards. This Workplace Technologies Support Manager will provide frictionless support, share best practices, and be a trusted advocate for our internal customers. A successful Workplace Technology Support Manager must have a proven understanding of internet and SaaS applications (browsers, Slack, Google Workspace, Office, Okta), hardware (Apple/Windows), mobile phones and devices, networks and operating systems. Okta’s video and teleconferencing are powered by Zoom and Zoom Phone. Our conference rooms are an important part of the workplace experience - quick issue resolution and regular proactive maintenance are key to keeping the organization running. You have experience establishing support SLAs and success metrics and measuring performance against those targets, communicating results in an engaging and transparent manner. This manager is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and assist the teams as needed.
In this role, you will lead the Workplace Technologies Onsite Support Team and continue our focus on technology and in office support experience, people development, and scaling our team in this period of hyper growth. In addition to a strong AV and IT support background, ideally you will have experience with other workplace technologies found within a modern tech focused office space.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Workplace Technologies Onsite Support Team that focuses on an amazing employee support experience and operational excellence.
- Lead our onsite support team across the globe and drive customer and operational excellence
- Focus on people development, including goals, development plans, and mentorship. Ensure that the team has a clear understanding of their career paths and measurements of success.
- Lead and drive the conference room sweeps strategy to ensure all our conference room technology is up and running, 99% uptime.
- Build strong relationships and actively communicate with stakeholders and our vendor partners
- Responsible for supporting the workplace technology solutions as well as AV Events in our global offices
- Lead the Onsite Concierge Experience and Deskside Services to ensure speedy solutions for our internal customers and create raving fans of our service.
- Streamlining the support experience and driving improvements in the employee support technology stack
- Partner with the WT Engineering Team, Global Workplace Services, and other internal stakeholders to translate opportunities and challenges into innovative technology solutions for our Workplace
- Partner with other technology teams within BT to ensure we are providing best in class technology support for our employees.
- Champion the employee support experience and create requirements that feed in to technology support enhancements for ServiceNow and other support related technologies
- Interview and hire top talent as we scale the team to meet growing needs
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure they’re providing the best service to our internal customers.
- Focus on monitoring and proactive alerting so that our support team finds and resolves issues before they impact our employees.
- Strong data driven mindset and help drive the team forward with standardized SLAs and success metrics
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 4+ years of people management experience with technical teams focusing on employee & technology support
- Experience leading support for workplace technology and video conferencing solutions
- 4+ years of experience leading employee IT support teams, including both onsite support and remote support
- 4+ years of experience in technical roles that require strong communication, partnership, and relationship building with business partners
- Strong understanding of people development practices, setting and measuring goals with team members, identifying stretch opportunities, and motivating team members to do their best work
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing support projects - aligning on schedule and resources and successfully delivering on agreed scope
- Track record of strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to tell a story with data
- Strong focus on customer/technology experience - we love our internal customers and hope you will too!
- Solid financial/budget management experience - tracking spend to a defined budget, managing PO/invoices, and vendor management
- Strong people leadership experience with a focus on team development, scaling, and having fun!
- Based in Washington DC, with the ability to travel between our offices. This role will be fully onsite.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally in the future as needed ~25% of time
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.