We are looking for a Manager to join the Okta-on-Okta Federal Team within the Business Technology organization at Okta. The Okta-on-Okta team owns, configures, and manages our internal workforce, customer, and federal instances of the Okta platform to showcase them as the reference for how identity challenges can and should be solved using Okta technology.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Okta on Okta and manage a high-performance team that is on the forefront of developing and supporting our GovCloud service. This is an opportunity for someone who has a passion for using identity to empower and enable internal and external customers while working with new technology.
- Guide development and administrative activities and provide design direction
- Partner with the Okta-on-Okta Product function to determine prioritization for projects
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of Identity Engineers, and ensure that high-quality deliverables
- Partner with the cross-functional teams to build scalable solutions to support a growing platform.
- Provide input to product vision and strategy to support organizational and departmental VMTs
- Support cross-functional product requests, while ensuring enablement and alignment on the engagement model
- Follow key processes to optimize deliverables, simplify complexity, and identify opportunities for synergy and integration
- Manage the on-call rotation to support the Federal environment in a way that maximizes support while preserving work/life balance
- Facilitate design strategy and successful execution of playbook adoption, planning, and intake processes
- 7+ years’ experience in implementing and supporting identity and access management for workforce or federal organizations
- 2+ years’ experience managing or leading technical teams
- Ability to define project roadmaps and plan execution against those roadmaps
- Ability to identify risks and mitigate at the scrum or team level
- Ability to identify resourcing gaps on the team, hire and develop talent, and manage performance when necessary.
- Ability to manage business partner relationships and expectations, define project scope, prioritize, and communicate to stakeholders
- US Person Status (e.g., a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee) *
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.