Come join our growing team to deliver technology solutions that power our amazing workplaces and deliver on the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. We strive to deliver amazing technology experiences for our employees, and ensure that our offices have all the technology that is needed for the future of work. The Physical Security Technology Engineer will be the engineering SME for the technology that empowers our global Physical Security Team. You will lead implementation, innovation, and maintenance for a variety of physical security based workplace technologies platforms here at Okta. The person filling this role will need to work closely with our Workplace Technologies Engineering Team to establish seamless integrations between our physical security technologies and other workplace technology systems, and will be the technical point of contact for processes related to the physical security portfolio, including vendor relationships, information security reviews, etc.
As workplace technologies rely on more cloud services, Saas integrations, and vendor-specific API’s, our team relies on the Physical Technology Engineer to deliver solutions that are reliable, scalable, and documented. Our focus is to deliver a modern and engaging experience for our employees with the data and security features needed by our global Physical Security Team. In this role, you’ll primarily focus on cloud based badging/access control systems, video management systems, emergency management systems, and other technologies that support our GSOC. In a nutshell, you’ll help us make really cool things happen for our employees, while helping ensure that our employees and spaces are safe!
This role can be staffed in either our San Francisco, San Jose, Washington DC, or Bellevue, WA offices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technology roadmap for new and existing hardware/software for physical security at Okta
- Partner closely with the Physical Security Team to align requirements to technical solutions
- Develop and update overall service integration design for cloud based physical security platforms
- Use a data driven approach to research, design, and implement innovative technologies that support physical security at Okta
- Work closely with the Workplace Technologies Engineering Manager to plan projects and implementation of new systems
- Work closely with the Physical Security Team, the Workplace Team, the IT Teams, and other stakeholders to understand requirements for technical solutions or integrations
- Manage life-cycle of systems and schedule preventative maintenance and enhancements
- SME/technical lead for several technology platforms in the Workplace Tech portfolio and related integrations, including security cameras, badging/access control system, monitoring and alerting.
- Conduct technical training sessions and create documentation for team members as part of the operations/support handoff process
- Conduct rapid prototypes and POCs for new technology solutions
- Act as an escalation point for break/fix issue resolution
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience as the technical SME for a combination of cloud based physical security technology solutions (“nice to have” if you have experience or exposure with other workplace technologies such as digital signage, smart lockers, occupancy sensors, wayfinding, conference room management, etc.)
- Vendor management for manufacturers, VARs, and integrators
- Proven experience implementing physical security packages in new facility deployments
- Proven experience delivering engaging employee technology solutions within a medium to large enterprise
- Previous experience evaluating, testing, and deploying technology solutions to meet defined business needs
- Experience managing cloud based security platforms, primarily badging/access and cameras such as Proxy, HID, Brivo, Rhombus, Sonitrol, Ava, Kisi, Openpath, Verkada, Meraki, Milestone, Eagle Eye, Genea, etc
- Experience with Okta, with an understanding of SCIM, workflows, SSO/SAML. Okta certified, or interest in becoming Okta certified would be encouraged
- Strong experience integrating platforms to deliver technical solutions
- Good understanding of networking technologies a plus (WiFi, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN)
- Strong technical curiosity and “let’s figure it out” superpowers
- This role can be based in our San Francisco, San Jose, Washington DC, or Bellevue offices with the ability and willingness to travel in the future as needed ~10-30% of time
- Strong focus on customer/technology experience - we love our internal customers and hope you will too!
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.