We are looking for a Data Enablement enthusiast and Tableau expert to join the Data and Insights Org at Okta. In this role, you will be key in creating the foundation for data-based decision-making across Okta's functional business teams. The Principal Data Analyst for Enablement and Visualization must have a passion for enabling the enterprise by up-leveling competencies and driving next gen analytics solutions. To be successful you must be knowledgeable in industry leading best practices to drive self-service and effectively communicate and partner with team members and business partners across the enterprise.
- Facilitate developing roadmaps and defining initiatives for introducing new analytics capabilities, self-service abilities, education, and data literacy programs
- Identify and implement qualitative and quantitative measures to track the impact of enablement programs
- Assess new tools and technologies to improve stakeholder adoption and experience
- Facilitate awareness and adoption of existing data and analytics assets through user onboarding, training, and continuous feedback
- Collaborate across internal groups to influence the development of training
- Conduct roadshows across the business to develop their conceptual understanding
- Become a leader in our analytics community through best practices, industry education, hands on training, leading, and facilitating community events
- Develop best in class dashboards and impactful data visualizations using Tableau
- Build enablement and operational plans for how and when we engage with stakeholders
- Be the Tableau and Data Viz SME and provide support to stakeholders
- Identify ongoing training needs and creative delivery methods
- Provide guidance and expertise through visualization and storytelling
- Develop expertise on business processes and data drivers to recommend BI solutions
- Develop and evangelize best practices and methods to ensure new processes and guidelines become institutionalized
- Work with leaders to maintain a portfolio of improvement initiatives, scope, resources, allocation, priority, and status
- BS in CS, MIS, related technical degree
- 10+ years' experience as a Data Analyst/BI Developer
- 10+ years' hands-on SQL experience in a work environment
- 6+ years’ experience with Tableau
- Experience in Change Management, Training, and Adoption Methodologies
- Experience with mockup tools, Design Thinking, and executive presentations
- Expertise with other analytics industry leading tools and self-service strategies
- Able to work cross-functionally and communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Familiarity with ETL processes, software development, and lifecycle
- Familiarity with data governance and report/data catalog applications
- Familiarity with SCRUM operating model and tracking work using tools such as Jira
- Track record in rolling out new analytics capabilities
- Expert on Tableau user experience
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum base of $177,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.