We are looking for a Principal Identity Engineer to join the Okta-on-Okta Team within the Business Technology organization at Okta. The Okta-on-Okta team owns, configures, and manages our internal workforce, customer, and federal instances of the Okta platform with the aim of showcasing them as the reference implementation for how identity challenges can and should be solved using Okta technology. In this role you will report to the Director of Okta-on-Okta and be on the forefront of several compliance maturation initiatives, and empower the business by delivering a clear and accurate picture of access management, access requests, and audit evidence. With your expertise If you have a passion for using identity to empower and enable internal and external customers while working with new technology in a high-energy & supportive team, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Serve as the Delivery Lead on projects to improve the maturity, user experience and capabilities of our Okta implementation based on business needs and stakeholder requirements
- Help conceptualize, design, and implement identity governance and privileged access management solutions
- Configuration and management of the Okta instance that supports our internal business needs, including policy management, app integration, and feature implementation to ensure all compliance needs are satisfied
- Partner with our Security Compliance organizations to improve Okta's security posture
- Partner with our Sales and Customer Success organizations to provide feedback and consultation to customers on how we have solved for certain use cases within Okta
- Develop new solutions to workforce and customer identity business challenges and cross-train other team members
- Provide Level 3 support for longstanding BT Support requests
- Create and maintain technical documentation for the team to reference and share with our internal customers
- Influence business stakeholders to adopt newly release identity management capabilities
- 10+ years experience implementing and/or supporting enterprise IAM solutions, experience with Okta technologies strongly preferred
- Expertise with general industry IAM concepts and best practices, particularly relating to SSO, MFA, IGA, and PAM
- Knowledge of security and compliance frameworks such as NIST/FedRamp, SOX, SOC, ISO, SOC2, PCI, ZeroTrust, SaaS Security Framework, Data Security Foundations, etc.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, scripting, SQL, and other supporting technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of working within SDLC and agile methodologies
- Experience leading and developing other engineers
- Great communications and interpersonal influencing skills
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $178,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.