We are looking for a Principal Product Owner who will function as the Business Engagement Lead for the Opportunity to Cash space at Okta.
The person in this role will be responsible for the functional direction of strategic programs within the Go-to-Market space. The person in this role will need to build trusted relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams in order to continually deliver predictable, high-quality outcomes that maximize near-term benefits while aligning with long-term strategy. The person in this role must be able to analyze needs, constraints, and strategic goals to help prioritize feature requirements and build an effective long-term roadmap.
The person in this role needs deep functional and technical knowledge of CRM processes, CPQ Billing and revenue recognition business processes, capabilities, and applications.
The primary purpose of this position is to be a trusted partner with BT and business stakeholders to build technical solutions that enable Okta to meet aggressive financial and business objectives. This position will shape programs with clear technical strategy, prioritized feature roadmaps, process maturity that leverages industry best practices, and predictable outcomes.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Establishes trusted and collaborative working relationships with business partners, technology providers and vendors.
- Defines requirements that balance all stakeholder needs while guiding the overall solution towards the defined strategic objectives.
- Owns the process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas and maintaining the annual product roadmap ( “committed book of work”).
- Drives delivery of efficient, consistent, robust, flexible, and scalable processes and solutions for the Order to Cash operations.
- Responsible for measuring outcomes against business goals and communicating to stakeholders.
- Defines an implementation roadmap to transition the current-state systems and processes to the defined end-state architecture.
- Effectively manages the budget for all areas of responsibility.
- Manage strong partnerships with vendors to understand and influence their roadmaps and find the best value and leverage from their resources.
- Engages actively as a member of the Business Technology team and business functional teams to plan and execute against large, cross-functional programs.
- Establishes a predictable track record of agile and cost-effective delivery of measurable business outcomes that focus on scaling the business growth.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and envision what our business partners’ technology and information needs might be in the future.
- Recommends features that meet localized business requirements while supporting global expansion.
- Prioritize solutions that maximize out-of-the-box capabilities with minimum customizations.
- Identity opportunities to increase operational efficiencies, reduce technical debt, and lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Provides input and direction for prototypes / proof-of-concepts / wireframes as necessary to illustrate potential benefits of a solution and/or ensure viability of the architecture.
Requirements & Skills
- 10+ years’ experience in information technology
- 7+ years’ experience designing, implementing, integrating and supporting enterprise-wide business operations to drive efficiency and scale with systems like Salesforce, CPQ, NetSuite/SAP/Oracle, FinancialForce.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting and enhancing major enterprise business processes in the Order to Cash space.
- Demonstrated background in SaaS subscription-based Sales process, preferably with a high-tech company
- Experience creating roadmaps and architecture reference diagrams
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization; experience working effectively on virtual teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills; management, leading and mentoring team experience
- Well versed with IT fundamentals including Agile, IT investment /portfolio management, Enterprise Architecture, Information Risk Management, ITIL, and IT Service Management
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $154,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.