We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who will lead projects designing and developing the tools to integrate and build Okta’s enterprise applications and business solutions. In this role you will report to the Senior Director, Engineering, and help to scale our business solutions to the next generation, enabling Okta to be the most efficient, scalable, and best-run company. The vision is to make Okta the system of record and help customers with their journey to the Cloud, continue to automate the journey, and lower the barrier of entry to their migration journey.
You will share our passion for test-driven development, continuous integration, and automation to produce frequent high-quality releases. Our elite team is fast, innovative, and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies, and the chance to have a significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to create new tools, processes, and technical solutions. We use the latest technology from AWS, and you will be given the opportunity to experiment, recommend, and implement modern technologies in our enterprise application space.
- Scripting, tools-building, and automation are paramount to Okta Engineering; everybody automates. You will be creating and coding tools for internal use to support high velocity development.
- Work with internal customers to roll-out projects and process, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 12+ years of software development experience in a fast-paced technology company
- 8+ years hands-on Salesforce development with solid knowledge of APEX, VisualForce, Process Automation, and Triggers
- Experience building reliable, secure, and scalable solutions in the Salesforce platform and building rich user experiences using Lightning App Builder, Aura Lightning Components and LWC.
- Experience building solutions using AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, Fargate, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, and SES
- Solid understanding of developing secure solutions that leverage native Salesforce practices to protect sensitive data.
- Designing complex synchronous and asynchronous processes with robust retry and error handling.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines, experience with developing build and deployment pipelines a strong plus.
- Experience with Git or other version control systems.
- Experience developing in an integrated SaaS application ecosystem including platforms such as Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, Coupa, Concur, FinancialForce, and Anaplan.
- S. Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.