We are looking for a Principal Business Technology (BT) Technical Program Manager to join our team. In this role, you will report to the Director, BT Program Management and be the point person for ensuring clarity of strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. You will partner with delivery teams and internal business teams to deliver projects and programs enabling Okta to scale. As a successful candidate, you will have extensive TPM experience and expertise with project implementation in a SaaS and Agile environment. This role will primarily support our finance partner areas.
- Program-manage various initiatives across multiple teams. Take a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress and introduce efficiencies while mitigating risks
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams, keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence
- Employ communication strategies to establish effective partnerships
- Provide transparency on the status of initiatives to all levels of the organization, including senior executives
- Structure and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the BT organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, and defining program process flows
- Scrum Leader for one or more IT delivery teams; and champion the adoption of agile best practices across IT
- 12+ years’ experience in project/program management in a SaaS, modern IT organization with a focus on internal financial business systems (Netsuite, Coupa, Anaplan, Workday Expense, etc.)
- 3-4 years’ hands-on Scrum Leader experience in a software, SaaS or business systems development environment
- Experience in proactively leading complex programs/initiatives with ambiguous scope and aggressive timelines involving diverse cross-functional teams and organizations.
- Experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives
- The ability to employ a strategic focus as well as a tactical approach while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Experience working with business systems’ technical owners, configuration administrators, software engineers, configuration administrators, quality and test engineers and business process owners
- Able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certification in Agile and Scrum
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.