Do you love the intersection of technology and physical workplace? Come join our Workplace Technologies Team to deliver technology experiences that power our amazing workplaces and deliver on the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. The Workplace Technologies Innovation Product Manager will be responsible for partnering with the larger Workplace Technologies (WT) Team, Global Workplace Services, and other internal stakeholders to synthesize opportunities and challenges into requirements that will help us drive our Workplace Technologies product roadmap. With a strong technical background, a deep understanding of our technology stack, and a keen eye on our strategy and goals, you will help us evaluate and deliver new technology solutions and continue to evolve and improve our existing offerings. You will use your technical expertise and strong understanding of our business partners’ needs to build out and prioritize requirements. You will have some technical engineering work on your plate, but your primary focus will be ensuring that the technology, vendor, and business teams are all aligned to enable us to move quickly to deliver amazing technology experiences.
This work is an important component of Okta’s Dynamic Work strategy, as we continue to evolve our workplaces and technology offerings to support Oktanauts to do their best work regardless of where they are.
This role will support technology intake into our Workplace Technologies tech stack, assisting with early identification, evaluation, and testing of cutting edge workplace technology solutions. You will create experiments, build proofs of concept, conduct A/B testing, present findings & opportunities to stakeholders, and deploy these new technologies in partnership with the WT engineering team. You will manage a quarterly innovation budget, with the expectation that new technology projects are researched, tested, and documented, and you will make recommendations about which technologies should become part of our build standards. In support of this work, you will take the lead for setup and ongoing operations of our Workplace Technologies lab space, which will be used to pilot new technologies. You will also help us tell the story of the industry leading work that we are doing on behalf of our employees, both internally and externally via blog posts, videos, and other channels. These communications will not only peel back the curtains for a “behind the scenes” view of our work, but are also intended to share learnings and ignite discussion with others to help spark new ideas.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with the WT Team, Global Workplace Services, and other internal stakeholders to translate opportunities and challenges into requirements. Weigh business needs and technical considerations to prioritize requirements and map them to technologies.
- Partner with the Head of Dynamic Work to map requirements to a set of Okta user personas to personalize and customize the technology experience.
- Serve as the “communications glue” that connects the WT Team, our technology vendors, and our business partners to ensure smooth delivery of technology projects and enhancements
- Coordinate UAT/testing/feedback activities for new workplace technologies.
- Intake and evaluate new technology solutions, to ensure that they are solving the right business problems and will integrate with both our technology stack and our long term strategy and roadmap
- Take the lead on our Workplace Technologies Lab project, helping us to stand up space to test new technologies to create amazing experiences for our employees. Once the lab is in place, you will be responsible for ongoing operations, use, and planning of the lab, ensuring we are using the space on a regular cadence to drive WT innovation.
- Help us tell the story of the work we are doing by building out a content plan for internal and external blog posts and slack posts. Help us educate both our Oktanauts and external industry peers on challenges and innovation that we are addressing as a team. Share updates and tips for Oktanauts across internal Slack channels to help employees get the most from our technologies.
- We are a data driven team, and you will help support our data strategy through through mapping data to outcomes and helping us align decisions to data
- Will be required to travel to the San Francisco and San Jose offices on a as needed basis.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 8-12 years of technical experience with a combination of workplace technology solutions - video conferencing, digital signage, badging/access control, occupancy sensors, wayfinding, etc
- Previous product management or product ownership experience as a technical lead, technical manager, or technology owner
- Vendor management and SaaS software experience
- Proven experience delivering engaging employee workplace technology solutions, preferably for a fast growing technology company
- Experience integrating a variety of platforms to deliver technical solutions
- Data visualization software experience (ex. Tableau, Snowflake, Splunk, Datadog) is a nice to have skill
- Understanding of networking technologies and how it integrates with the rest of the technology stack (WiFi, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN, SD-WAN)
- Previous experience evaluating, testing, and deploying workplace technology solutions to meet defined business needs
- Track record of strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills and the ability to tell a story with data
- Strong focus on customer/technology experience - we love our internal customers and hope you will too!
- 10-15 years of experience in technical roles that require strong communication, partnership, and relationship building with business partners
- Experience with industry user groups, conferences, and a strong professional network
- Ability and willingness to spend time working from our San Francisco (and possibly SJ) office for POCs, testing, presentations, and as needed for other efforts
- Global mindset. Take into account employees in offices, full remote, hybrid, different cultures and norms, etc
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $154,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.