We are looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to build automations and integrations on our Business Technology team. Engineers on our team embed themselves within Business Technology to help design and code automations and integrations in software to scale our business to new heights.
Our engineering team is fast, innovative and flexible. Our engineers work closely with our business partners and own the code through the software lifecycle. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is changing the enterprise engineering landscape.
- Work with APIs to automate data and business processes across enterprise platforms.
- Own the SDLC (develop, test, deploy), which integrates cloud-based and on-premises systems.
- Take a DevSecOps approach to your work, ensuring secure and observable code
- Support APIs and build with common libraries to enable message queuing, caching, complex mapping and scripting.
- Define and implement best practices for integrations with standard enterprise systems like Salesforce, NetSuite and Workday
- Participate in proof-of-concept development, demos, and post-deployment support of cross-team integration efforts.
- Translate business process requirements into technical specifications to meet business goals.
- Responsible for documentation and review of solutions specified in technical design.
- Ensure development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority and business objectives.
- Work within a team to establish best practices for automation development
- Interface with both internal and external technical experts to implement solutions.
- Discover and execute on opportunities to automate
- 4+ years Demonstrated programming experience with Java or Python.
- Demonstrated experience working within a Software Development Lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices
- Knowledge of unit tests or other engineering test development, like TDD
- Experience contributing to the architecture (architecture, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing enterprise systems.
- Practical knowledge of structures and complex algorithms
- Experience with AWS technologies (S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, API Gateway, SQS).
- Ideally, have worked with the Boomi Platform or equivalent IPaaS (Snaplogic, TIBCO, Talend, MuleSoft, Oracle ESB, webMethods)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions in a team-based environment
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $135,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.