Senior Manager, Business Applications Support
OKTA is seeking a Senior Business Systems Support Manager to join the business technology Application Services team to manage and support our core business applications. Our application landscape is centered on Salesforce, NetSuite, Coupa, Workday, BOOMI, Snowflake, Tableau with various integrations to other core applications. Desired applicants should have experience in the leadership role and manage day to day responsibility for application support and service for Business Applications. Partner with product owners to oversee and assist with managing incidents, problems and requests, utilizing the support governance model. Responsible for managing and coordinating production issue resolution as per service level agreement and managing global support team. Some of your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of global application system administrators for all the incident responses and applications support.
- Responsible for application maintenance and support for business applications
- Defining and prioritizing production issues and minor enhancement or configuration requests
- Overseeing related development activities
- Provide technical support for several business applications and troubleshoots issues in development, testing and production environment
- Planning and managing support for incident management tools and processes
- Arrange, assign, adjust and monitor shifts to have appropriate coverage
- Coordinate escalation and resolution of major service issues.
- Allocate resources to resolve problems/incidents.
- Report promptly to management and business partners regarding critical outages until resolution.
- Ensuring the related fixes and/or enhancements are tested successfully (by IT and by key business partners) and follow SOX change control procedures.
- Create service operation procedures and ensure existing documentation is updated accurately
- Ensuring all support activities are executed within service level agreements
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and training to other support staff.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Document and maintain existing processes with flow diagrams and design documents.
- Implement ITIL best practices, resulting in quicker more accurate service to the customers.
- Work closely with the Engineering Services team develop monitoring triggers on events, system outages, and application integration issues
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible to support in multiple time-zone (PST or EST)
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems, computer engineering or Science
- At least 5 years of experience in managing a production support team.
- Experience to build a global support team from ground up.
- Deep technical and functional knowledge of Business Application Systems, monitoring tools, especially Financial applications such as Salesforce, NetSuite, Coupa, Workday, BOOMI, Snowflake, Tableau, Splunk
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of interrelationships of business processes
- SOX experience is a big plus
- Excellent communication and written skill.
- Self-motivated and sense of urgency