We are looking for a Product Data Analyst who has a passion for data and analytics, is detail-oriented, likes solving big problems, understands technical systems, and can effectively communicate with team members and business partners. You will focus on leveraging the data from our Okta platform to design metrics and dashboards to support key decisions while applying data modeling skills to make sure the reporting stack is performant. This role is a unique opportunity to bridge technical and non-technical teams while providing valuable insights.
- Engage with stakeholders and business teams to understand priorities and identify opportunities to advance their analytics solutions
- Document business requirements across a variety of business functions with a focus on product data and analytics
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Go-to-Market teams to provide best practices in metric + build design
- Identify trends and key drivers of metrics to unveil insights
- Provide support to stakeholders, triage requests, investigate data issues, and create ad hoc reports
- Develop prototype reports and dashboards
- Work with the team to define, implement, and test new data sources and transformations
- Provide input to Data Engineering on requirements and enhancements to existing data pipelines, data sets, and data platforms
- Conduct QA activities for new development and enhancements
- Develop expertise in data modeling, transformation, and normalization
- Develop expertise in visualization and storytelling with data best practices
- Support new tool and technology assessments to improve stakeholder adoption
- Take ownership of successful completion for project activities
- Drive adoption and best practices of new data sources, solutions, and processes
- Proactively identify process improvements, standardize processes, and help ensure new processes become institutionalized
- BS in CS, MIS, related technical degree
- 5+ years' experience as a Data Analyst
- 3+ years' hands-on SQL experience in a work environment
- Experience with product analytics including cohort analysis and telemetry aggregation
- Experience with data management, documenting process and data flows, and ensuring data quality
- Experience with building reports and visualizations to represent data intuitively in Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience with ETL processes, software development, and lifecycle awareness
- Familiarity with data governance and report/data catalog applications (Collibra, Aliation, Data.world)
- Familiarity with SCRUM operating model and tracking work via a tool such as Jira
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $103,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.