We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team in Business Technology (BT) as part of a core, centralized Business Intelligence function serving the entire organization. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing scalable solutions for a large data infrastructure in a fast-paced, Agile environment. You will be part of a team doing detailed technical designs, development, and implementation of applications using cutting-edge technology stacks.
Our focus is on building platforms and capabilities that are utilized across the organization by sales, marketing, engineering, finance, product, and operations. The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background with the ability to tie engineering initiatives to business impact.
- Design scalable and reliable data pipelines to consume, integrate and analyze large volumes of complex data from different sources to support the growing needs of our business
- Build a data access layer to provide data services to internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze a variety of data sources, structures, and metadata and develop mapping, transformation rules, aggregations and ETL specifications
- Help define, deploy, and manage a next generation data lake and master data architectures to enable information transparency for our clients and data quality across systems.
- Proactively develop architectural patterns to improve efficiency
- Interface with stakeholders to gather requirements and build functionality
- Support and enhance existing data infrastructure
- Build data expertise and data quality for areas of ownership
- Experiment with different tools and technology. Share learnings with the team
- Evaluate new technologies such as Docker, AWS lambda, ECS, EMR etc.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field of study
- 5+ years in a data engineering role
- 3+ years in the data warehouse and data lake space
- Experience with building distributed systems
- Expertise in a programming language (Python or Java)
- 5+ years’ experience working with SQL
- 3+ years’ experience with ETL tools such as Airflow, Oozie, Luigi or Informatica
- 3+ year’ experience with relational and columnar MPP databases like Snowflake, Athena or Redshift
- 3+ years of experience with database and application performance tuning
- Experience with Data Lake development (AWS Lake Formation, EMR, Apache Iceberg, S3)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and procedures such as Jenkins, Git, Chef, and Ansible
- Experience with cloud infrastructure/platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with real-time data streaming using Storm, Kinesis or Spark
- Experience building APIs using Java spring boot or other programming languages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical audience
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum base of $135,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.