We are looking for an experienced analyst who has a passion for the data privacy and security, is detail-oriented, likes solving big problems, understands technical systems, and can effectively communicate with team members and business partners. In this role, you will be key in ensuring that enterprise data processes have foundational security and privacy guard-rails. You will also work with internal customers to identify ways to establish foundational architecture and processes that enable data integrity and fidelity.
- Engage with stakeholders and business teams to understand priorities and identify opportunities to advance their analytics and insights solutions with in-built security and privacy controls
- Design and implement standards around management of key reference data to ensure fidelity
- Partner with multiple teams to identify areas of opportunity to automate business processes that enable compliance with both internal security policies and external regulations
- Proactively identify processes for improvements, standardization, and institutionalization
- Identify trends and key drivers of metrics to measure progress from baseline
- Partner with the data governance analysts to document and maintain metadata and create lineage as well as implementing relevant governance policies
- Collaborate with Data Engineering on requirements and enhancements to existing data pipelines, data sets, and data platforms to increase security posture
- Support new tool and technology assessments and be an advisor on related security discussions
- Take ownership of successful completion for project activities
- Drive adoption of security best practices over data sources, solutions, and processes
- BS in CS, MIS, related technical degree
- 5+ years' experience as a security analyst/data engineer/data analyst/analytics engineer
- 3+ years' hands-on SQL experience in a work environment
- Experience with developing and implementing Enterprise data security policies and guiding principles for ensuring data protection and privacy
- Experience with data-handling and security for PII
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Familiarity with data governance and report/data catalog applications/lineage and metadata documentation
- Familiarity with SCRUM operating model and tracking work via a tool such as Jira
- Experience with data-warehousing and ETL build concepts
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $103,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.