Senior Identity Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Identity Engineer to join the Okta on Okta Team within the Business Technology organization at Okta. The Okta on Okta team owns, configures, and manages our internal workforce and customer instances of the Okta platform, and works to make them the reference implementations of the Okta identity platform. This position works directly with the Director of Okta on Okta to be on the forefront of testing and implementing Identity as a Service (IDaaS) solutions which not only secure our environment but also showcases the power of our platform. The Senior Identity Engineer brings their expertise in developing and implementing identity solutions that solve complex business challenges. If you have a passion for using identity to empower and enable internal and external customers while working with new technology in a high-energy environment, then this is the opportunity for you.
We are looking for:
- Solid experience implementing and/or supporting enterprise IAM solutions
- Knowledge of general industry IAM concepts and best-practices, particularly relating to SSO, MFA, IGA, and PAM
- Knowledge of security and compliance frameworks such as NIST/FedRamp, SOX, SOC, ISO, SOC2, PCI, ZeroTrust, SaaS Security Framework, Data Security Foundations, etc.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, scripting, SQL, and other supporting technologies
- Basic knowledge of SDLC and agile methodologies
- Practical software development experience a plus
Stuff you get to do:
- Support Okta’s own implementation of Okta for its own workforce and customer identity use cases, and constantly find opportunities for improvement so our own implementation is the reference implementation of Okta technology
- Contribute to and lead projects to constantly improve the maturity, user experience and capabilities of our Okta implementation based on business needs and stakeholder requirements
- Help conceptualize, design, and implement identity governance and privileged access management solutions using Okta technologies
- Configuration and management of the Okta instance that supports our internal business needs, including policy management, app integration, and feature implementation
- Partner with our Security Compliance organizations to improve Okta's Security posture
- Partner with our Sales and Customer Success organizations to provide feedback and consultation to customers on how we have solved for certain use cases within Okta
- Learn and develop new solutions to challenging workforce and customer identity business challenges, and support and cross-develop other team members with that knowledge
- Provide Level 3 support for longstanding IT Support requests where a resolution has not been found/implemented/determined to not be in line with Okta's long term strategies
- Create and maintain technical documentation for both the team to reference and to share with our own internal customers
- Influence business leads, business owners, and business stakeholders to adopt newly release identity management capabilities
- Bring your creativity and passion to maturing the Okta on Okta Team’s own processes, including configuration management, user lifecycle management, UX improvements, etc., especially opportunities for automation and self-service
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.