Senior Identity Security Engineer, Okta-on-Okta
We are looking for a Senior Identity Security Engineer to join the Okta-on-Okta Team within the Business Technology organization at Okta. The Okta-on-Okta team owns, configures, and manages our internal workforce and customer instances of the Okta platform to make them the reference implementations of the Okta identity platform. In this role you will report to the Director of Okta-on-Okta and be on the forefront of hardening, testing and implementing solutions which not only secure our own internal implementations of Okta, but also showcase the power of our platform. As a Senior Identity Security Engineer you will bring your security expertise to bear in developing and implementing identity solutions that solve complex business challenges. If you have a passion for using identity to empower and enable internal and external customers while working with new technology in a high-energy environment, then this is the opportunity for you.
Represent Okta on Okta and operate as the main liaison to Okta’s Security function as we partner with them to discover, plan, and execute hardening opportunities all across Okta’s own implementation of Okta’s workforce and customer identity implementations. Discover, catalog, and advocate for executing upon opportunities for security improvements so our own implementation is the reference implementation of Okta technology
- Lead projects to improve the maturity, user experience and capabilities of our Okta implementation based on business needs and stakeholder requirements
- Help conceptualize, design, and implement identity governance and privileged access management solutions
- Configuration and management of the Okta instance that supports our internal business needs, including policy management, app integration, and feature implementations
- Partner with our Security Compliance organizations to improve Okta's Security posture
- Partner with our Sales and Customer Success organizations to provide feedback and consultation to customers on how we have solved for certain security use cases within Okta
- Develop new solutions to workforce and customer identity business challenges and cross-train other team members
- Provide Level 3 support for longstanding BT Support requests
- Create and maintain technical documentation for the team to reference and share with our internal customers
- Influence business stakeholders to adopt newly release identity management capabilities
- Mature the Okta-on-Okta team’s processes, including configuration management, user lifecycle management, UX improvements, and opportunities for automation and self-service
- Solid experience implementing and/or supporting enterprise IAM solutions, experience with Okta technologies strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of general industry IAM concepts and best practices, particularly relating to SSO, MFA, IGA, and PAM
- Knowledge of security and compliance frameworks such as NIST/FedRamp, SOX, SOC, ISO, SOC2, PCI, ZeroTrust, SaaS Security Framework, Data Security Foundations, etc.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, scripting, SQL, and other supporting technologies
- Working knowledge of SDLC and agile methodologies
- 5+ years’ experience implementing and/or supporting enterprise IAM solutions
- Great communications and interpersonal influencing skills
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.