Come join our growing team to deliver amazing technology support experiences that fuel the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. Technology experience is the guiding force of our work and our Executive Support Engineers help ensure we are providing world class technology support for our executives and executive admins. In this role, you will be responsible for speedy issue resolution for Okta’s executive employees with a high focus on quality and engagement . You are a subject matter expert that drives issue resolutions and provides strong customer focus. You will collaborate with key team members to drive quick and scalable solutions. You will be part of a dedicated executive support team that provides high quality service, consistent messaging, and dynamic support. You will also share knowledge with our executive employees, helping them to use technology to power their productivity as we continue on our Dynamic Work journey. In this role, you will be a strong advocate for our executives and admins, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology solutions that makes it easier to get their best work done. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
Okta provides a world class executive technology experience by offering the best white glove support and service. This Sr. Executive Support Engineer will provide frictionless support, share best practices, and be a trusted advocate for our executives. A successful Sr. Executive Support Engineer must have a strong understanding of common internet and SaaS applications (browsers, Slack, Google Workspace, Office, Okta), hardware (Apple/Windows), mobile phones and devices, networks and operating systems. This Sr. Executive Support Engineer will also drive a best in class onboarding experience for all our new executives. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be comfortable working in high pressure situations in a fast-paced environment.
Our goal is to make sure that our executive audience have an amazing technology experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily onsite and remote IT support for our executive employees and their administrative assistants
- Consistently meet and/or exceed SLA expectations and deliverables
- Break/Fix support as issues are discovered and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Proactively look for opportunities to increase customer and team productivity
- Effectively communicate (verbal and written form) with our executive customers and stakeholders with empathy and a customer first mindset
- Identify root cause of issues and document in RCA documents
- Create knowledge articles and videos to enable our team and executive customers with technology best practices
- AV event support during executive meetings and smaller meetings in event spaces
- Provide white glove support for senior leadership and critical meetings, both onsite and remotely.
- Drive a seamless and amazing onboarding experience for our new executives
- Responsible for providing in person and remote support to our executive staff. Requests will come in a variety of forms such as tickets, walkups, Slack, and email.
- Strive to resolve all executive employee support interactions on first touch, whenever possible, while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with projects as assigned
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of time to other Okta offices or for offsite events
- Willingness to make house calls for basic home network troubleshooting, AV + workstation setup
- Bring a positive and fun spirit to the work you do each and every day
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience with Mac and PC technical support
- 5+ years experience working in a heavily SaaS based environment with responsibility managing user/role based access to systems
- 4+ years supporting executive level customers in corporate environments
- 4+ years supporting AV events in corporate environments
- Experience with Zoom and Zoom phone
- Flexible for early morning coverage and some late evening support + occasional weekends and holidays.
- Experience with high priority escalations and high-pressure situations
- Strong ability to multi-task and successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- High level of integrity and ability to work discreetly in situations where you may have access to sensitive information
- Self-starter with initiative and a high 'figure it out' factor
- Proven desire to take ownership of tasks and projects and follow through to completion
- This role will requires the individual to come into the office 4-5 days a week, due to the nature of the role.
BONUS: How will you stand out?
- You are comfortable working under pressure while supporting C-Level Executives
- Tenacious, with good follow up and attention to detail
- Active, empathetic and informational listener
- You navigate with a proactive mindset when demonstrating world class customer service-
- Be a future teller.
- Always have a backup plan.
- You consistently exercise accountability and ownership-
- Never pass the buck.
- We are owners… all of the time.
- You have an affinity for genuinely helping others with a customer-centric mindset
- You are a thought leader
- You possess a high EQ level
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $78,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.