We are looking for an experienced leader to join our Business Technology, Engineering Services team to maintain and continually improve our cloud-based applications. The Site Reliability Engineering team builds foundational back-end infrastructure services and tooling allowing our Business Technology teams to release, scale and automate their software reliably and predictably. Reliability Engineers are team players who embed themselves within Business Technology to advance systems architecture and performance.
We are looking for a smart, innovative, and passionate leader for this role, someone who has a passion for designing complex cloud-based server infrastructure. The ideal technical leader welcomes the challenge and will help us continue to scale with great people, and reliable, cost-effective, and efficient infrastructure, processes, and tooling.
In this role, you will lead a team that designs and engineers Okta’s Federal IT and cloud infrastructure for Federal initiatives and programs (FedRAMP High, IL-4), Federal SRE, and the Security Endpoint Team.
- Partner with Compliance and Security organizations to provide and adapt the infrastructure, architecture, and IT services to support our services inside GovCloud
- Support compliance audits by generating audit evidence, writing, and updating processes, and updating compliance diagrams.
- "Always On" service delivery. Participate in 24x7 site reliability rotations and escalation workflows.
- Ensure that we build and maintain the automation tools and processes required to manage and secure our fleet reliably and efficiently.
- Participate in core team meetings to discuss status, risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Drive initiatives to evolve our current cloud platforms and security endpoints to increase efficiency and keep it in line with current standards and best practices
- Hire, develop, mentor, and retain extraordinary talent for the distributed team of Site Reliability Engineers
- Manage service and business expectations and prioritize resource allocation.
- 12+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- 8+ years’ experience in technical leadership.
- 5+ years’ experience in people management.
- Extensive experience using Agile and DevOps methodologies to build and operate product infrastructure
- 4+ years’ experience running large-scale infrastructure supporting a cloud service in a public cloud provider, preferably AWS.
- Experience navigating security and compliance certification audits (e.g. FedRAMP, FIPS).
- Possess in-depth knowledge in network design, firewalls, cloud-based static and dynamic routing
- Have exposure to FedRAMP, SOC2, FIPS, or other compliance programs
- Solid background in Linux system administration and understanding of automation scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash), configuration management systems (e.g., Ansible), and logging and monitoring frameworks.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
- US Person Status (e.g., a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)
* This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g., a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.