We are looking for an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Business Technology team to maintain and continually improve our cloud-based applications. The Reliability Engineering team builds foundational back-end infrastructure services and tooling allowing our Business Technology teams to release scale and automate their software reliably and predictably. Reliability Engineers are team players who embed themselves within Business Technology to advance systems architecture and performance.
We are looking for a smart, innovative, and passionate engineer for this role, someone who has a passion for designing complex cloud-based server infrastructure. The ideal candidate welcomes the challenge and enjoys seeing their designs run at scale with automation, testing, and tuning. If you exemplify the ethics of, "If you have to do something more than once, automate it," we want to hear from you!
- Work with a team that designs and engineers Okta’s IT infrastructure
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- Promote and apply best practices for building scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, network diagrams, runbooks, and procedures
- Designing, building, running, and monitoring Okta's IT infrastructure and cloud services
- Driving initiatives to evolve our current cloud platforms to increase efficiency and keep it in line with current standards and best practices
- Recommend, develop, implement, and manage appropriate policy, standards, process, and procedural updates
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Backup and recovery strategy with the ability to contribute to the business continuity planning
- 5+ years’ experience developing applications and running AWS or other cloud networking infrastructure resources.
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex applications for cloud infrastructure at scale and deliver projects to schedule
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Good communication skills, with the ability to influence others
- Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 4+ years’ experience with SQL relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- 4+ years’ experience with automating systems and infrastructure via Ansible, Chef, or Terraform
- Experience with reliability engineering concepts and best security practices in hybrid cloud environments
- Experience with developing tooling and automation in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- Linux system administration skills
- Exposure to FedRAMP, SOC2, FIPS, or other compliance programs is preferred
- US Person Status (e.g., a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)
* This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g., a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.