We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with solid Salesforce development experience to join our growing team in Business Technology (BT) and to help scaling our business solutions while providing an extra focus on security, enabling Okta to be the most efficient, scalable, and reliable company. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of customizations, extensions, configurations, and integrations required to meet the company’s strategic business objectives.
Candidates will be working collaboratively with business stakeholders, business analysts and other engineers on different layers of the infrastructure from proposal development to deployment and support. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, and delivering high quality solutions is essential. Your product owner will look to you to provide all technical services—design, config, software development, and testing.
Our team is collaborative, innovative, and flexible; and we consider work-life balance to be top priority.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products.
- Implement customer-facing as well as internal-based solutions inside the Salesforce platform using Apex, Lightning Components and LWC.
- Implement integration between Salesforce and other external systems.
- Gather requirements and come up with the software design/architecture to fulfill the needs.
- Craft business requirement documents, process level flows, user stories, functional specifications, and system design specifications as required.
- Help in delivering projects in time and leading the project to production with high quality.
- Create and execute unit, integration and functional tests.
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality.
- 5+ years of Software development experience including 3+ years’ hands-on Salesforce development with solid knowledge of Apex, Process Automation and Lightning Components.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented languages ( Java, C#, Python, etc)
- Experience implementing various projects/programs for Sales Cloud, Communities, Service Cloud Console, etc.
- Experience working with source control and continuous integration.
- Experience driving software projects from the ground up and delivering in time with high quality.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills, technical acumen, excellent communications skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Demonstrable ability to drive end-to-end lifecycle, from conception to launch as well as post-launch support.
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $135,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.