Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business.
We are looking for an experienced Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Salesforce Platform who is passionate about writing the tools to integrate and build Okta’s enterprise applications and business solutions. You will share our passion for test-driven development, continuous integration and automation to produce frequent high-quality releases. Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
You will get an opportunity to scale our business solutions to the next generation; enabling Okta to be the most efficient, scalable, and best-run company. The vision is to make Okta the system of record and help customers with their journey to the Cloud, continue to automate the journey, and lower the barrier of entry to their migration journey.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of the team that builds, maintains, and improves our enterprise business solutions and their integrations, both inside and outside of the Salesforce platform. Your internal customers span across all of Okta.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to create new tools, processes and technical solutions. We use the latest technology from AWS and you will be given the opportunity to experiment, recommend, and implement new technologies in our enterprise application space.
- Scripting, tools-building, and automation are paramount to Okta Engineering; everybody automates. You will be creating and coding tools for internal use to support high velocity development.
- Work with internal customers to roll-out projects and process, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years hands-on Salesforce development with solid knowledge of APEX, VisualForce, Process Automation, and Triggers
- Experience building reliable, secure, and scalable solutions in the Salesforce platform and building rich user experiences using Lightning App Builder, Aura Lightning Components and LWC.
- Solid understanding of developing secure solutions that leverage native Salesforce practices to protect sensitive data.
- Designing complex synchronous and asynchronous processes with robust retry and error handling.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines, experience with developing build and deployment pipelines a strong plus.
- Experience with Git or other version control systems.
- Experience developing in an integrated SaaS application ecosystem including platforms such as Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, Coupa, Concur, FinancialForce, and Anaplan.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.