We are building out our software engineering testing practice and are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to help us scale our team. We want someone who is as passionate about automated testing as we are and looks forward to the challenge of testing mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will be partnered with a cross-functional team of engineers and analysts who build high-quality next generation business systems.
The Software Engineer in Test will be responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing in a complex, highly integrated environment . They will collaborate with project and application managers to define test plans and test case scripts based on business requirements and application software designs. They will be responsible for executing the test case scripts, building test automation and while working collaboratively with the application developers, will execute tests as a team as well as log, track and validate test results.
This is a great opportunity to help push technology and quality forward at an awesome, market leading company with a talented Business Technology team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop test plans and automation for high-performance, scalable software UI components and APIs
- Develop automated tests and perform code reviews of other tests
- Review and refine requirements with Business System Analyst
- Work with BT Team to scope and plan testing automation efforts
- Identifying, assigning and tracking the bugs
Minimum required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 3+ years of software test experience for highly-reliable, mission- critical software
- Experience working with large-scale, integrated systems
- Excellent understanding of software engineering, test methodologies and automation tools
- Able to write test cases and code with colleagues of different skills and seniority
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed, high-quality test code on time
- Nice to have:
- Experience in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML, OAuth and OpenID, plus ssh
- Experience building and testing cross-platform client software
Education and Training:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.