We are looking for a Salesforce expert with management experience and with an architecting mindset to join our growing team.
As Business Platforms Manager you will play a key role in the Business Technology (BT) team at Okta. You’ll partner with our business stakeholders to design and implement solutions to transform our go-to-market capabilities while managing a team of business analysts. Focusing on the Salesforce platform, you’ll partner closely with our engineering team and other BT scrum teams to develop comprehensive and thoughtful solutions to our business process and technical challenges. You’ll also work closely with our overall organization to improve our internal implementation practices and build a high performing team.
We’re looking for a dedicated leader that’s passionate about leading a team to deliver complex initiatives while building a team with a dedication to their craft and influencing the broader business and BT organizations.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of business analysts to design, develop and deploy solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Partner with business stakeholders to build a long-term strategy and roadmap for our business systems that supports our evolving business
- Manage systems implementations from large projects to regular production releases
- Partner with stakeholders for planning and prioritization
- Develop a strategy and plan for improving our overall delivery processes across business and BT while improving the health of the Salesforce platform
- Collaborate across the organization, build connections and relationships and foster ownership in our platforms
- Provide leadership, mentorship and development through regular 1:1s and check-ins with your direct team; hire and on-board new talent
What we look for
- 2+ years of experience directly managing a business systems team
- 6 to 8 years experience supporting a large-scale Salesforce.com implementation as a manager, architect or analyst
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, complex projects involving multiple organizations across business and BT
- Experience building and evolving a delivery organization and related processes
- An understanding of modern, cloud related business processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence a large organization
- Intense curiosity and a sincere interest in learning new technologies, platforms, and business processes
- Strong technical and business acumen skills working in an agile environment
- Product management mindset to proactively enhance the capabilities of the Business Technology platform
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Nice to Have’s
- Salesforce Quote-To-Cash experience
- Experience analyzing and building salesforce applications for Partners
- Experience configuring Salesforce Communities
Education and Certifications
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience
- Salesforce certifications preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.