We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team, focusing on collaboration and productivity tools including Google Workspace, Slack, Atlassian Jira & Confluence, and much more. In addition to administering and supporting these systems, you will automate repetitive tasks and implement process/workflow improvements that benefit both BT and the rest of Okta. Continuous improvement is key. You will need to learn new technologies quickly and proactively implement new features as they are released.
We are looking for a smart and innovative engineer for this role, someone that is excited to learn new things and make meaningful improvements. They welcome a challenge and enjoy seeing their design run at scale with automation, testing, and tuning. Above all, as someone that touches every point of the business, you are obsessed with user experience.
- Manage and administer Atlassian Cloud and Server deployments of Jira and Confluence
- Support and own a variety of Collaboration and Messaging apps, including Slack, Google Workspace, Office365,Box, Miro, Asana, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, etc.
- Automate tasks and processes for BT Engineering Services, the BT org, and Okta as a whole
- Troubleshoot email routing issues using Proofpoint and other tools
- Create documentation and troubleshooting resources for the Support services to enable faster resolution of issues without involvement of BT Engineering, and function as a “Tier 3” of support for complex issues
- Plan, test, document, and deploy changes to tools and systems across our environment
- Ensure the security and compliance of all BT Engineering applications and systems, continuously improving our security posture in collaboration with Okta Security and Compliance
- Support and maintain eDiscovery platform and process across impacted tools
- Good communication and writing skills, specifically technical documentation
- Excellent research and troubleshooting skills, able to dig in to a technical problem and find a solution through testing and experimentation
- Strong ability to learn a new technology or system quickly and effectively, and to plan and execute the deployment of that system
- Knowledge of using REST APIs for scripts and automations, and experience scripting and automating with Python or similar programming language
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $117,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.