The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding end-user base. In this role, you focus on both the functional and technical aspects of the platform, working closely with stakeholders and the ServiceNow team. From an operational standpoint, the successful candidate will adhere to best practices and provide an advanced understanding of ServiceNow’s functionality to the ServiceNow Ecosystem surrounding Okta and its end users. Technical aspects of the role include high-level API integrations with key technologies (using both IntegrationHub and web services), and expert-level CMDB proficiencies.
As a Business Systems Developer, you get to embark on a journey of growing the Okta ServiceNow platform by helping to create and define how we deliver experiences to our customers. This is a client-facing role that requires strong communication skills and has the ability to build trusting relationships. This role requires strong collaboration skills that will work cross-functionally with the business, Merger & Acquisitions, People Operations, Workplace Support team, Program Management, and other various parts of the Okta organization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Collaborate with the ServiceNow team to modernize the delivery and accessibility of employee services, and deliver solutions across the organization
- Assist in the development and delivery of a ServiceNow Okta-Auth0 application access management solution
- Possess a thorough overall knowledge of the ServiceNow EcoSystem
- Provide application integration and ITSM support
- Adhere to ServiceNow industry and Okta best practice standards
- Be an effective developer, yet also operate with an ITIL mindset, developing run books and providing overall Platform support
- Provide escalation, troubleshooting guidance, and direction in the resolution of escalated issues and complex production, application, or system problems
- Be driven to advance your knowledge of best practices and solutions
- Develop automation, processes, and procedures to ensure environments maintain the highest levels of release, change, availability, security, and quality
- Support and improve current solutions that solve business challenges and improve processes
- Identify opportunities to innovate, scale, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 7+ years of functional expertise in ITSM experience
- 5+ years of ServiceNow development
- Expert-level understanding of ServiceNow with a concentration on
- Integration Hub and Flow Designer
- Requests, Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge
- Service Catalog
- Service Portal
- Workflows and processes
- Develop and implement core processes including Incident, Event, Change, Request, Config Management collaborating with Process Owners, Business Partners, and Stakeholders
- Expert experience integrating third-party applications
- Experience in design and integrations using Integration Hub connectors
- Practical experience with ServiceNow application development (Business Rules, Client Scripts, Script Includes, UI Policies, UI Actions, UI Pages, etc),
- Experience in hands-on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing, and other implementation activities
- Experience using IT Project Management principles and techniques, including Agile/Scrum.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or an education/work experience equivalent. An advanced degree would be a plus
- Minimally, ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) additional ServiceNow certs are a plus
- Practical experience implementing HRSD, SecOps, and GRC/IRM modules would be a plus
- ITIL working knowledge (ITIL v3+ certifications are ideal)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.