We are looking for a Marketing Events expert [Virtual and Live Events] to join our growing Go-To-Market Function and to take the Live and Virtual events experience to the next level.
In your role, you will be responsible for leading Virtual and Live marketing events which span across multiple geos. You will be a self motivated, organized individual taking ownership and driving the events from a technology perspective. You will be working for a scrum team dedicated to a cross-functional business unit and you are responsible for the end-to-end solution, including requirements gathering, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, fail-over, and gathering metrics. Your business customers will look to you to provide any and all technical services—design, config, software development, and testing.
The person in this role will be responsible for oversight of strategic, cross-functional programs for Go-to-Market functions. To meet the company’s financial and strategic business objectives, this candidate builds trusted relationships with functional partners and teams that result in aligned focus on delivering outcomes / experiences supported by a clear technology and information strategy, prioritized plans, process maturity, disciplined execution and predictable, high quality delivery of day-to-day technology and information services.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Be the business technology partner to the marketing business team for all Virtual and Live marketing events and work with business stakeholders to lead the events as a subject matter expert.
- Collaborate and work with the marketing events business stakeholders and jointly own the events calendar to plan and execute Virtual and Live marketing events.
- Drive, partner, collaborate and coordinate with vendors to ensure the tools deliver the promised outcomes with quality.
- Build a playbook entailing the process to be followed for event readiness, event kickoff and event closure. This playbook should evolve as a template for future events.
- Work with our technical project manager to build a project plan showing requirement gathering, design, build, test and delivery plan and socialize with business stakeholders for every event.
- Setup and host UAT sessions with business stakeholders
Requirements & Skills
- 8+ years of MarTech experience including 4+ years of experience in driving and managing Virtual and Live events
- Understand Flows/User-Journey of Users/Personas of each service provider per event
- Knowledge of applications such as Meetingplay, Cvent Flex, Cvent Conference, Braindate & other Event apps.
- Understands SSO and SAML concepts
- Crafting business requirement documents, process level flows, user stories, functional specifications, and system design specifications
- Driving and handling multi-functional alignments between business domains and IT on programs that deliver key initiatives for Marketing organization.
- Ability to analyze the business processes and business systems for inefficiencies and lead internal customers to success
- Ability to lead and facilitate recommendations for solutions or improvements and reviewing solutions that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology
- Demonstrable ability to drive end-to-end lifecycle, from inception to launch as well as post-launch support
- Experience in working with High Technology Support organizations is preferred
- Prior experience working in a SaaS company using cloud applications like Salesforce, NetSuite, Boomi, etc. is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.